VS.Net deployment for COM+ component in combination with managed code
Author Message
 VS.Net deployment for COM+ component in combination with managed code

Hi

I created a setup for some C# components plus a COM+ component which is
required to access the type of database for this project. Registering mode
for the COM+ module is vsdrfComSelfReg.

When running the setup, everything is correctly copied to the target
machine, but the setup claims that registering regsvr32.trg failed to
register with an error -2147024703 in HRESULT . When registering it with
regsvr32 from the command line, it works.

What could be wrong with my setup that direct registering by setup fails?

Thanks for any hints, Urs

Sun, 15 May 2005 06:15:14 GMT
 VS.Net deployment for COM+ component in combination with managed code
Urs,

The error message cor to -2147024703 is "%1 is not a valid Win32
application"
Do you get the same error if you use COM or  COMRelativePath instead of
ComSelfReg?

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Bobby Mattappally
Microsoft VC++/C# Team

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: VS.Net deployment for COM+ component in combination with managed
code
>Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 23:15:14 +0100

>Hi

>I created a setup for some C# components plus a COM+ component which is
>required to access the type of database for this project. Registering mode
>for the COM+ module is vsdrfComSelfReg.

>When running the setup, everything is correctly copied to the target
>machine, but the setup claims that registering regsvr32.trg failed to
>register with an error -2147024703 in HRESULT . When registering it with
>regsvr32 from the command line, it works.

>What could be wrong with my setup that direct registering by setup fails?

>Thanks for any hints, Urs

Mon, 16 May 2005 02:08:00 GMT
 VS.Net deployment for COM+ component in combination with managed code
Urs,
Please see response to your post titled  "COM+ Deployment problem"
You probably have a custom build step that does the dll registration which
is generating the regsvr32.trg file.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Bobby Mattappally
Microsoft VC++/C# Team

--------------------

Quote:

>Urs,

>The error message cor to -2147024703 is "%1 is not a valid Win32
>application"
>Do you get the same error if you use COM or  COMRelativePath instead of
>ComSelfReg?

>Hope this helps.

>Thank you,
>Bobby Mattappally
>Microsoft VC++/C# Team

>--------------------

>>Subject: VS.Net deployment for COM+ component in combination with managed
>code
>>Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 23:15:14 +0100

>>Hi

>>I created a setup for some C# components plus a COM+ component which is
>>required to access the type of database for this project. Registering mode
>>for the COM+ module is vsdrfComSelfReg.

>>When running the setup, everything is correctly copied to the target
>>machine, but the setup claims that registering regsvr32.trg failed to
>>register with an error -2147024703 in HRESULT . When registering it with
>>regsvr32 from the command line, it works.

>>What could be wrong with my setup that direct registering by setup fails?

>>Thanks for any hints, Urs

Mon, 16 May 2005 06:40:57 GMT

1. managed code vs. non-managed code

2. .net components vs com

3. How to register component in COM+ application writed in VS.net

4. managed com+ component in csharp

5. Package and Deployment in VS.NET

6. ATL Vs. VB Vs. C# COM Component Performance

7. Deployment tool crashes VS.NET if you add a .obj file

8. ATL Vs. VB Vs. C# COM Component Performance

9. .NET to COM Interop with VSS - Deployment Question

10. Dual Mode atl com/.net deployment

11. From C++ console DOS lib to .NET managed component library

12. managed COM+ component