Need help creating new process that is visible
Author Message
 Need help creating new process that is visible

I tried using this code inside of another program to create a new process that
executes a file that opens a new console window (which is visible & accepts user
input).  The new process executes, but it only runs in the background, so the
window does not appear anywhere.  Any help on making this window visible would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  char
        compactUtil[256] = {0};

        PROCESS_INFORMATION myProcessInfo;

        STARTUPINFO myStartUpInfo = {
                sizeof(myStartUpInfo),
                NULL, NULL, NULL, 0,
                0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
                0, STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW, SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED, 0, NULL, 0,
                0, 0};

        // passing the compact utility filename into the variable
        sprintf(compactUtil,"compact.bat");

        CreateProcess( NULL, (LPTSTR)compactUtil, NULL, NULL, FALSE,
                 CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE, NULL, NULL,
                       &myStartUpInfo, &myProcessInfo);

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:09:54 GMT
 Need help creating new process that is visible
Try WinExec() or ShellExecute(). Imho its more easy.

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 01:18:53 GMT

1. Need more help with creating a visible process

2. Need help creating a visible process

3. Am I creating new threads or ultra waste???

4. I am creating a new query using ADOX and no matter

5. Need more help creating a process

6. Can't use create process, need help!

7. Help needed in creating new classes - not based on anything MFC

8. Need help creating a new file path with MFC / Platform SDK

9. Need Help to create new View

10. I am new to programming and am lost

11. HELP CSliderCtrl not visible after Create call...

12. Create a new process in Win32