COM Interop registration failure error
Author Message
 COM Interop registration failure error

Hi,

In my sample user control, I am trying to raise events to
be handled by a COM Sink. Upon building, I get the
following error:
"COM Interop registration failed. Could not load type
TestControlEvents1 from assembly WindowsControlLibrary1,
Version=1.0.1110.20097, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null."

TestControlEvents1 defines the event sink interface to be
implemented by the COM sink.
I try to connect the event sink interface to a class as
follows:
<ComSourceInterfaces("TestControlEvents1")> _
  Public Class TestControl

On removing the <ComSourceInterfaces..> statement the
error is removed but then the .tlb does not connect the
sink interface to the class.

Any ideas on how to resolve the issue?
Thanks in advance.

Kevin.

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 02:30:29 GMT
 COM Interop registration failure error
Well I figured it out.  I have to use the namespace for my
event sink interface.

Kevin.

Quote:

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:06:40 GMT

1. Error With COM Interop

2. COM Interop Error

3. COM Interop - How to pass C# uint array to COM interface which takes UINT *pArray

4. Why: COM Interop registration failed. - Error loading library...

5. Registration failure using limited user with XP

6. Registration Failure on 64-bit

7. Registration Failure on 64-bit

8. COM Interop problem

9. .NET to COM Interop with VSS - Deployment Question

10. COM Interop Speed Issue

11. COM interop late binding

12. Com InterOp and Assembly look up