? on style: Reading / writing settings
Author Message
 ? on style: Reading / writing settings

Is there any particularly clever way to manage reading and writing settings
from, say, a settings object from/to the registry?  Right now, whenever I
think of a new setting that my application should have, I have to declare
that setting variable in the object, then add code to both the
readSettings() and writeSettings() methods.  This is just annoying and
sometimes susceptible to forgetfulness.

It seems to me like Windows probably has something buried in its SDK for
handling this a little more elegantly.

--
Jeff S.

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:06:03 GMT

1. Read/Write registry settings?

2. writing project settings and directory settings to file

3. writing project settings and directory settings to file

4. Help wanted on reading/writing disk and writing your own OS

5. Read only and Read/Write object pairs

6. Read/Write Properties During Design Time, but Read-Only During Run-Time

7. Reading a file / Write what you read

8. Upgrading handle with read access to read/write access

9. Upgrading handle with read access to read/write access

10. Setting Window Styles in WTL

11. setting extended window styles

12. Set color of pen independant of setting style