Registry search
Author Message
 Registry search

I have to write a VC++ program which checks if a
particular software (*.exe) is already installed in a
given Hard-disk. I know I have to search the registry.
Could you tell me how to do so and if possible a sample
script?

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:01:16 GMT
 Registry search
For the software installed for all users (i.e. Per-Machine installing), you
can get their names from:

HKLM  / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / uninstall  /
<Your Application> / DisplayName

For the software installed for current users (i.e. Per-User installing),
you can get their names from:

HKCU  / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / uninstall  /
<Your Application> / DisplayName

The registry value DisplayName of the software is the name displayed in the
Add/Remove dialog of Control Panel.

--------------------

::Subject: Registry search
::Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:01:16 -0800

::Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc
::
::I have to write a VC++ program which checks if a
::particular software (*.exe) is already installed in a
::given Hard-disk. I know I have to search the registry.
::Could you tell me how to do so and if possible a sample
::script?
::
::

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:44:15 GMT
 Registry search

Quote:
> For the software installed for all users (i.e. Per-Machine installing),
you
> can get their names from:

> HKLM  / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / uninstall  /
> <Your Application> / DisplayName

... unless the program doesn't add itself to "Add/Remove Programs", in which
case you'll have to look elsewhere inthe registry.  Exactly where (or
indeed, if anywhere) will vary program by program.

-cd

Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:39:20 GMT

1. Registry searching for installed components

2. Registry Search for Installed components

3. Are there any registry search function APIs

4. Search com components in registry.

5. How to search the registry on NT/95

6. I need to search the entire registry and delete all occurances of a string

7. search the entire registry and delete all occurances of a string progra

8. Search com components in registry.

9. Searching the registry for CLSID

10. How to search the registry tree?

11. To use the registry or not to use the registry

12. C-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel