how to use .NET namespaces in vc++ ???????
Author Message
 how to use .NET namespaces in vc++ ???????

they are simply not there!!
for example: in the msdn doc there is written that
there is a class System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys,
in the System.Windows.Forms namespace. but
i cant use it!! when i type System::
then the intellisense shows me a lot of things but mostly
NEVER those things i would need for my programms! (and
those things are ment to be there according to the msdn-
doc.

what am i doing wrong??

please help me!

thanx

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:10:17 GMT
 how to use .NET namespaces in vc++ ???????

Quote:

> they are simply not there!!
> for example: in the msdn doc there is written that
> there is a class System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys,
> in the System.Windows.Forms namespace. but
> i cant use it!! when i type System::
> then the intellisense shows me a lot of things but mostly
> NEVER those things i would need for my programms! (and
> those things are ment to be there according to the msdn-
> doc.

Have you put the following line in your file?

  #using <System.WindowsForms.dll>

--
Brandon Bray                                          Visual C++ Compiler

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:21:57 GMT
 how to use .NET namespaces in vc++ ???????
no, only #using <mscorlib.dll>
but when i use #using <System.WindowsForms.dll>
the compiler says, ..could not find assembly..blabla

i also didnt found a file with this name on my machine

greets!

Quote:

Visual C++ Compiler
>This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and
confers no rights.

>.

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:17:48 GMT
 how to use .NET namespaces in vc++ ???????
Andreas,

Quote:
> no, only #using <mscorlib.dll>
> but when i use #using <System.WindowsForms.dll>
> the compiler says, ..could not find assembly..blabla

Perhaps because it is named System.Windows.Forms.dll, and not
System.WindowsForms.dll ?

--
Tomas Restrepo

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:06:37 GMT
 how to use .NET namespaces in vc++ ???????
If you use the documentation for each class at the bottom it will tell you
what assembly you need.

For example:

System::Data::SqlClient::SqlCommand has this listed at the bottom:

"Requirements
Namespace: System.Data.SqlClient <frlrfsystemdatasqlclient.htm>
Platforms: Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows
2000, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows .NET Server
family, .NET Compact Framework - Windows CE .NET
Assembly: System.Data (in System.Data.dll)"

The line "Assembly: System.Data (in System.Data.dll)" denotes that this
class needs the System.Data.dll assembly.  If you use the documentation
thusly you will very easily be able to know what assemblies to add to your
project.

Todd Thompson

Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:42:13 GMT

1. using .NET namespaces with vc++ , how ????

2. .NET namespaces in vc++ ???

3. Small namespace/classview bug in VC.NET?

4. Using VB .Net and VC at the same time in .Net

5. Namespace Conflict - c# Class Library used by Web Service and ASP.NET Web App

6. Using version 6 MFC and VC runtimes on a VC.Net project

7. Compiling using System.Net namespace

8. Challenge/Help VB.NET VC++.NET VC++6.0

9. Slower compilation with VC Net 2003 (7.1) when compared to VC Net 7.0

10. using namespace / friend function - BUG in VC++ 6.0

11. using namespace / friend function - BUG in VC++ 6.0

12. Make Windows Form Application with VC++.NET 2002 using a visual form