debugging release version of exe
Author Message
 debugging release version of exe

I am trying to debug the release version of my exe.  I have a bug
that is only occuring when I start my exe independently of the
VC++ 2003 IDE.

I have turned on the "debug program database" - /Zi option for
my release code.  I also turned on debug linking.

I then build my exe and copy the release exe to my testing.
directory.  I start the release exe and then attach the VC++ 2003
de{*filter*} to the process.  I can now step through my app.
However, I cannot see the value of all the variables in the VC++
de{*filter*}.  Is there a reason for this ?  Have the variables been
optimized away (I am using optization option /O2 - max speed) ?

Thanks,
Lynn McGuire

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 05:50:00 GMT
 debugging release version of exe

Quote:
> However, I cannot see the value of all the variables in the VC++
> de{*filter*}.  Is there a reason for this ?  Have the variables been
> optimized away (I am using optization option /O2 - max speed) ?

Yup, the variables were optimized away.  I turned off the optimizer
and I can now see all my variables !  My exe did go from 2.5 MB
to 3.4 MB though.

Now I gotta find the stinking bug !

Lynn

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 06:36:07 GMT

1. Compiling a release version exe with debug information

2. Debug version - Release version

3. Debug version ok but release version problem

4. Debug Version and Release Version

5. Win32 debug version and Win32 release version

6. Why the Font size is not same between Debug version and Release Version

7. Debug version Ok, Release version Failed

8. Debug version ok but release version problem

9. Debug version works, Release version does not?!

10. Released version programme is larger in size than the debug version one’s

11. the diffrence of the debug version and release version

12. Debug version works, Release version doesn't