Out of memory on XP
Author Message
 Out of memory on XP

Hi,

I need to make some correction to my last question.

I did some test--allocating smaller memory block(140M)
everytime, it turns out the RAM and virtual memory
were used.

The problems is that if I allocate 550M in my Visual
C++6.0 program, and then allocate another 550M, XP
says "out of memory", even though I have 2G RAM and only
about 1G used. But on Windows 2000, it works perfectly
fine.

Thanks for help.

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 05:56:05 GMT

1. Checksums of a.outs

2. Colour print outs of source code ?

3. Out of memory on Windows XP

4. XP sp1: memory mapped files?

5. VC++5 debugger under XP does not allow changes to memory mapped files

6. Semaphore memory leak in windows xp.

7. Memory leaks in NT/XP

8. DialogBar, XP Pro, XP Home, Visual Themes

9. Ann: Live Chat on VenturCom Boot-NIC - Windows 2000/XP/XP Embedded Diskless Network Boot

10. Memory used/memory left

11. Copying memory to memory problems

12. memory models TC 3.0 + out of memory