Project Dependency
Author Message
 Project Dependency

I am trying to compile the a program so I can put it on several computers,
but one of the dependencies that my compiled exe file has is it must have
VC++ 7.0 installed. How can I get rid of this so the program can run on a
computer without VC++?

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:19:46 GMT
 Project Dependency

Quote:
> I am trying to compile the a program so I can put it on several computers,
> but one of the dependencies that my compiled exe file has is it must have
> VC++ 7.0 installed. How can I get rid of this so the program can run on a
> computer without VC++?

Is this managed or unmanaged C++?

If it's unmanaged, it sounds like your program is dynamically linked to the
runtime libraries.  Compile the program statically linking to the runtime
libraries, or ship the redistributable runtime libraries with the program.

If it's Managed C++, I believe this requires the .NET Framework to be
installed on any machine that runs the code.

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:28:19 GMT

1. Project dependencies

2. How to specify project dependency

3. Project Dependencies in unmanaged C++

4. Project Dependency Persistence Issues

5. Why does creating project dependencies implicitly link?

6. Project dependencies and .lib files

7. Project dependencies won't persist

8. Project Dependencies in VC7 only build when out of date

9. can't edit project dependencies in VC .Net

10. project dependencies with dlls

11. How to build project dependency graph

12. Why does creating project dependencies implicitly link?