Upgrading from .NET to .NET 2003
Author Message
 Upgrading from .NET to .NET 2003

I am writing a wrapper for some unmanaged C++ code.  The
code used to compile, under .NET but doesn't under .NET
2003.

I have a base class which deals with the unmanaged code
directly:
__gc public class MBaseXWrap

Then I have a class which inherits from that:
__gc public class MBaseXMessage : public MBaseXWrap

and then a set of specialized classes which inherit from
that:
__gc public class MHistoricalBase : public MBaseXMessage

When compiling I get the following error:
d:\IMS\Development\Salsa\Business\XGram\MHistoricalBase.h
(85) : error
C2614: 'Alaris::Salsa::XGram::Mms::MHistoricalBase' :
illegal member initialization: 'Object' is not a base or
member
This diagnostic occurred in the compiler generated
function 'Alaris::Salsa::XGram::Mms::MHistoricalBase::MHist
oricalBase'

The only constructor I declare takes in a base class
reference, so the constructor referred to in the compiler
error must be the generated default constructor.

__gc public class MHistoricalBase : public MBaseXMessage
{
public:
    MHistoricalBase(MBaseXMessage & msg)
    : MBaseXMessage(msg)
    {
    }

}

The first thing I tried was to make MBaseXMessage inherit
from Object.  But that didn't work either (same error).
Could it be some sort of namespace issue?

Thanks in advance for your help,
-Scott

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 03:19:26 GMT
 Upgrading from .NET to .NET 2003
Can you supply the whole project for my more efficient studying and
possible reproducing?

Best regards,
Perry Deng
Microsoft

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:47:05 GMT

1. VS.NET to 2003 Upgrade causes DEBUG build to fail

2. How to upgrade VC++ .NET 2002 up to 2003

3. VS.NET 2003 VC++ and .NET controls

4. Slower compilation with VC Net 2003 (7.1) when compared to VC Net 7.0

5. How register VC++ .net standard 2003

6. Problem seeing MFC source code with new .NET 2003

7. Copy VS.NET 2003 settings to another machine...

8. Frustrated with VC++.NET 2003

9. VC++ .NET 2003 Macros broken?

10. VS.Net 2003 compiler issues

11. Link Error with .NET 2003

12. Does Visual C++.NET (2003 version) support 64 bit integers