Why is this failing?
Author Message
 Why is this failing?

DataSet __gc* dsReturn;
dsReturn->Tables->Add(S"INITS"); //this line

When I try to add a table to a DataSet it throws me out of the function and
I get Error 500 in the web page...any ideas what would cause this?

Thanks
Gav

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:45:22 GMT
 Why is this failing?
Gav,

Quote:
> DataSet __gc* dsReturn;
> dsReturn->Tables->Add(S"INITS"); //this line

I'm assuming you're creating the dataset itself somewhere:
dsReturn = new DataSet();

?
--
Tomas Restrepo

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:59:47 GMT
 Why is this failing?
Aha, of course, excuse while I bang my head against the wall. I have a tight
schedule and I think I'm rushing things a bit and getting it all wrong.

Thanks for the help

Quote:
> Gav,

> > DataSet __gc* dsReturn;
> > dsReturn->Tables->Add(S"INITS"); //this line

> I'm assuming you're creating the dataset itself somewhere:
> dsReturn = new DataSet();

> ?
> --
> Tomas Restrepo

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:05:15 GMT
 Why is this failing?
Gav,

Quote:
> Aha, of course, excuse while I bang my head against the wall. I have a
tight
> schedule and I think I'm rushing things a bit and getting it all wrong.

Hey, no problem.... been there, done that :)

--
Tomas Restrepo

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:10:23 GMT
 Why is this failing?
would you do me a small favour and do me an example of setting up this dam
DataSet and getting info into it.

I have some code already but now it's setting the value in the row that I'm
stuck on. I have seen loads of examples but they're always for C#. I can not
seem to get the syntax right.

I have:
String __gc* sInit;

sInit= sInit->Concat(sFirstName->Substring(0,1),sLastName->Substring(0,1));

DataSet __gc* dsReturn= new DataSet();

dsReturn->Tables->Add(S"INITS");

dsReturn->Tables->Item[S"INITS"]->Columns->Add("Initials");

DataRow __gc* dsRow;

dsRow[0]= sInit;  // I have also tried dsRow->setItem(0,sInit);

dsReturn->Tables->Item[S"INITS"]->Rows->Add(dsRow);

Quote:
> Gav,

> > DataSet __gc* dsReturn;
> > dsReturn->Tables->Add(S"INITS"); //this line

> I'm assuming you're creating the dataset itself somewhere:
> dsReturn = new DataSet();

> ?
> --
> Tomas Restrepo

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:18:02 GMT
 Why is this failing?
damit I've done the same again haven't I :(. (Let me see if there is a steel
wall in the building)
Quote:

> would you do me a small favour and do me an example of setting up this dam
> DataSet and getting info into it.

> I have some code already but now it's setting the value in the row that
I'm
> stuck on. I have seen loads of examples but they're always for C#. I can
not
> seem to get the syntax right.

> I have:
> String __gc* sInit;

> sInit=

sInit->Concat(sFirstName->Substring(0,1),sLastName->Substring(0,1));
Quote:

> DataSet __gc* dsReturn= new DataSet();

> dsReturn->Tables->Add(S"INITS");

> dsReturn->Tables->Item[S"INITS"]->Columns->Add("Initials");

> DataRow __gc* dsRow;

> dsRow[0]= sInit;  // I have also tried dsRow->setItem(0,sInit);

> dsReturn->Tables->Item[S"INITS"]->Rows->Add(dsRow);

> > Gav,

> > > DataSet __gc* dsReturn;
> > > dsReturn->Tables->Add(S"INITS"); //this line

> > I'm assuming you're creating the dataset itself somewhere:
> > dsReturn = new DataSet();

> > ?
> > --
> > Tomas Restrepo

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:22:15 GMT

1. Am I failed ?!

2. Why am I getting an ExecutionEngineException?

3. Why am I being ignored ???

4. Why am I seeing such a delay between my catch block and my finally block

5. Macro with functions problem -- why am I stupid?

6. Why am I not getting correct position?

7. Why am I getting a segmentation fault?

8. Why am I not intercepting Enter key (VK_RETURN)

9. Why am I getting a General protection Fault?

10. Why I am getting Error C2091: function returns function

11. I hate __cdecl ,why I am so unlucky?

12. Newbie:- Why am i getting a linking error