VC7 - ATL Soap Client
Author Message
 VC7 - ATL Soap Client

I am using the ATL Soap Client templates in a C++ application.  I used the
Add Web Reference menu item which created the ATL Soap Client header file
for me.  It is working very very well and I am extremely happy with the ease
of creation and use.

However, I have not been able to figure out the dependencies for the ATL
Soap Client.  Depends.exe doesn't show anything besides very basic windows
files being required, but on a fresh Win98 machine the calls all return
E_FAIL.  If I install IE6 then it starts working, but I was hoping to find a
smaller redistributable package or set of DLL's I can bundle with my
installation.  I haven't been able to find anything in the documentation.

On another note, does anyone know of a way to cancel an outstanding request
without waiting for the timeout?  I have not found any way to do it.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DJ

Tue, 15 Jun 2004 02:22:17 GMT
 VC7 - ATL Soap Client

Hi

The ATL Server SOAP client uses MSXML to parse the SOAP response.
MSXML gets installed with IE6, this is why it worked eventually.
It can be obtained as a redistributable from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample...
l=/msdn-files/027/001/772/msdncompositedoc.xml

On the second issue, you could try to set a different timeout if you need
it.

Thanks,

Bogdan Crivat
ATL Server -- Microsoft Visual C++ Team

> I am using the ATL Soap Client templates in a C++ application.  I used the
> Add Web Reference menu item which created the ATL Soap Client header file
> for me.  It is working very very well and I am extremely happy with the
ease
> of creation and use.

> However, I have not been able to figure out the dependencies for the ATL
> Soap Client.  Depends.exe doesn't show anything besides very basic windows
> files being required, but on a fresh Win98 machine the calls all return
> E_FAIL.  If I install IE6 then it starts working, but I was hoping to find
> smaller redistributable package or set of DLL's I can bundle with my
> installation.  I haven't been able to find anything in the documentation.

> On another note, does anyone know of a way to cancel an outstanding
request
> without waiting for the timeout?  I have not found any way to do it.

> Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

> Thanks,

> DJ

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 04:27:31 GMT
 VC7 - ATL Soap Client
That redistributable is just what I needed.

As for the timeout, yes it works, it would just be very nice to have a way
to shutdown the httpclient immediately so I don't force the user to wait for
the timeout value, whatever it is set to.

Thanks very much,

DJ

Quote:

> Hi

> The ATL Server SOAP client uses MSXML to parse the SOAP response.
> MSXML gets installed with IE6, this is why it worked eventually.
> It can be obtained as a redistributable from

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample...
Quote:
> l=/msdn-files/027/001/772/msdncompositedoc.xml

> On the second issue, you could try to set a different timeout if you need
> it.

> Thanks,

> Bogdan Crivat
> ATL Server -- Microsoft Visual C++ Team

rights.

> > I am using the ATL Soap Client templates in a C++ application.  I used
the
> > Add Web Reference menu item which created the ATL Soap Client header
file
> > for me.  It is working very very well and I am extremely happy with the
> ease
> > of creation and use.

> > However, I have not been able to figure out the dependencies for the ATL
> > Soap Client.  Depends.exe doesn't show anything besides very basic
windows
> > files being required, but on a fresh Win98 machine the calls all return
> > E_FAIL.  If I install IE6 then it starts working, but I was hoping to
find
> > smaller redistributable package or set of DLL's I can bundle with my
> > installation.  I haven't been able to find anything in the
documentation.

> > On another note, does anyone know of a way to cancel an outstanding
> request
> > without waiting for the timeout?  I have not found any way to do it.

> > Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

> > Thanks,

> > DJ

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 06:54:44 GMT

1. Error when XML-parsing large SOAP responses in a VC7/ATL project

2. ATL Soap Client bugs

3. ATL SOAP client: Is there a CDigestAuthObject?

4. Unable to use ATL wizard in VC6 after using ATL wizard in VC7 dot net beta2

5. Porting Apache-SOAP java client into C#

6. Need help building a .NET soap client for XML for Analysis server

7. generic Soap webservice proxy client

8. Who has the SOAP client application in eVC??

9. REPOST: SOAP client/server

10. Where to start for a C# SOAP Client....

11. Web Service (SOAP RPC) client help

12. C# as a SOAP client