Debugging win32 dll from c# application in 7.1
Author Message
 Debugging win32 dll from c# application in 7.1

I have a solution consisting of an c++ project for win32 dll and a C#
application. I basically use the c# application for debugging the exported
functions in the dll. In VS 7.0 I could set the win32 dll project as startup
project, and use my c# application start run. This worked fine, and I could
set breakpoint in the win32 dll project and start debugging. This does not
seem to work in 7.1 after converting the project.

Now the c# application just run through to the end. I get valid values from
the dll, so the the interaction with the dll works... but not debugging with
setting the breakpoints. Is something changed in regarding to debugging
issues in 7.1 ?

Thanks

Wed, 05 Oct 2005 23:40:22 GMT
 Debugging win32 dll from c# application in 7.1
Dag,

Quote:
> I have a solution consisting of an c++ project for win32 dll and a c#
> application. I basically use the c# application for debugging the exported
> functions in the dll. In VS 7.0 I could set the win32 dll project as
startup
> project, and use my c# application start run. This worked fine, and I
could
> set breakpoint in the win32 dll project and start debugging. This does not
> seem to work in 7.1 after converting the project.

> Now the c# application just run through to the end. I get valid values
from
> the dll, so the the interaction with the dll works... but not debugging
with
> setting the breakpoints. Is something changed in regarding to debugging
> issues in 7.1 ?

Have you checked to see whether native de{*filter*} is enabled for the project?
Also, scan the output window while debugging to see if symbols for your
unmanaged dll are getting loaded correctly.

--
Tomas Restrepo

Thu, 06 Oct 2005 04:26:30 GMT
 Debugging win32 dll from c# application in 7.1
Setting the De{*filter*} Type to something other than Auto helped. I've totally
overlooked that one (I don't know how :-).

Thanks for the help... :-)

Quote:
> Dag,

> > I have a solution consisting of an c++ project for win32 dll and a c#
> > application. I basically use the c# application for debugging the
exported
> > functions in the dll. In VS 7.0 I could set the win32 dll project as
> startup
> > project, and use my c# application start run. This worked fine, and I
> could
> > set breakpoint in the win32 dll project and start debugging. This does
not
> > seem to work in 7.1 after converting the project.

> > Now the c# application just run through to the end. I get valid values
> from
> > the dll, so the the interaction with the dll works... but not debugging
> with
> > setting the breakpoints. Is something changed in regarding to debugging
> > issues in 7.1 ?

> Have you checked to see whether native de{*filter*} is enabled for the
project?
> Also, scan the output window while debugging to see if symbols for your
> unmanaged dll are getting loaded correctly.

> --
> Tomas Restrepo

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 20:09:59 GMT

1. VC 7.1 - can't find correct MFC sources during debugging

2. Win32 application and Win32 DLL

3. VC++ 7.0 to 7.1 Project Dependent DLLs generate LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors

4. MFC 7.1 and binding DLLs (unable to register COM components)

5. debug win32 applications w/ windbg

6. Project Wizard for Win32 Cionsole Applications debug.

7. Debug Assertion Failure while using Win32 DLL Exported Class

8. How to use 16 bit(OMF) DLL library in WIN32 application

9. q: calling win32-dll from within 16bit application

10. Import Win32 DLL to Visual C++5 Application

11. PB Exporting a structure from a self-made dll to an application (Win32 MFC)

12. in MFC dialog based application call Win32 Dll fail