Determining users of shared program
Author Message
 Determining users of shared program

Greetings,

I was trying to find the most applicable newsgroup to post
in.  Hopefully someone here can help me out.

I have written a program that is located centrally in a
shared folder on the intra-office server.  The users of
said program all connect to that folder to run the program
on their local machine.  Is there anyway to determine
which users are currently running the program and send
them all a message?

Because multiple people can use the system at once, when I
need to update it, I need to walk around the office and
ask everyone to exit the program before replacing the
executable.  It would be nice if I could automate this
task a little better.

Thanks,
  David Goldfeder
  Lehigh University
  Career Services
  Programming Team

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 04:38:58 GMT

1. Determining SHARE/USERSECURITY of 95 from NT?

2. How to determine if SHARE is loaded?

3. determining existence of shared memory option in kernel

4. easy NT security question - determining current user

5. ?Determining crash location based on end user error messages

6. How to determine file privileges on NTFS for current user/process

7. Determining User Privilege level in win2000

8. Shutdown/Reboot/Logoff - How can I determine what the user has choosen

9. Determine number of free user handles?

10. How to determine user inactivity

11. Determine whether a user is an Administrator from a Service

12. How to determine user inactivity???