C# code used in a C++ application
Author Message
 C# code used in a C++ application

I have got info. that there are problems if you have classes created
in C# (using a wrapper class)that you want to use in a C++
application.
Can anyone give me info on this subject??

Thank you!
/A

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:06:00 GMT
 C# code used in a C++ application
Hi Annica,

You really need to give more info about what problems you heard about.

Managed Extensions to C++ are a full fledged .Net language and the scenario
you describe is fully supported.

Ronald Laeremans
Visual C++ compiler team

Quote:
> I have got info. that there are problems if you have classes created
> in C# (using a wrapper class)that you want to use in a C++
> application.
> Can anyone give me info on this subject??

> Thank you!
> /A

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 07:02:04 GMT
 C# code used in a C++ application

Quote:
> Hi Annica,

> You really need to give more info about what problems you heard about.

> Managed Extensions to C++ are a full fledged .Net language and the scenario
> you describe is fully supported.

> Ronald Laeremans
> Visual C++ compiler team

> > I have got info. that there are problems if you have classes created
> > in C# (using a wrapper class)that you want to use in a C++
> > application.
> > Can anyone give me info on this subject??

> > Thank you!
> > /A

We have created a .Net Windows Forms Control that works well in
the .Net environment. However, we want to incorporate this control
in one of our old MFC applications. This was possible when we where
using .Net beta 1. Then we managed to wrap the control and make it
work as an ActiveX control. In beta 2 however the methods
ActiveXRegister
and ActiveXUnregister have been removed, so to make it work we have to
edit the registry manually. We have also encountered some problems.
E.g.
if our user control contains a RichEdit component it works well in the
.Net environment, but when it is wrapped and exeucted in a MFC
application
some key strikes are simply lost.

Questions: Will it be possible to wrap Windows Forms Controls as
ActiveXs in the release version of .Net. If so will there be any
restrictions/limitations?

Thank you for any answers!

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:12:26 GMT
 C# code used in a C++ application
ActiveX Control creation is not supported in version 1 of the .NET
framework. You can however create WinForms controls to be hosted in IE.

--
Anson Tsao
Visual C++ libraries team

Of course, this posting wouldn't be complete without a nice, juicy
disclaimer from our lawyers: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Quote:
> > Hi Annica,

> > You really need to give more info about what problems you heard about.

> > Managed Extensions to C++ are a full fledged .Net language and the
scenario
> > you describe is fully supported.

> > Ronald Laeremans
> > Visual C++ compiler team

> > > I have got info. that there are problems if you have classes created
> > > in C# (using a wrapper class)that you want to use in a C++
> > > application.
> > > Can anyone give me info on this subject??

> > > Thank you!
> > > /A

> We have created a .Net Windows Forms Control that works well in
> the .Net environment. However, we want to incorporate this control
> in one of our old MFC applications. This was possible when we where
> using .Net beta 1. Then we managed to wrap the control and make it
> work as an ActiveX control. In beta 2 however the methods
> ActiveXRegister
> and ActiveXUnregister have been removed, so to make it work we have to
> edit the registry manually. We have also encountered some problems.
> E.g.
> if our user control contains a RichEdit component it works well in the
> .Net environment, but when it is wrapped and exeucted in a MFC
> application
> some key strikes are simply lost.

> Questions: Will it be possible to wrap Windows Forms Controls as
> ActiveXs in the release version of .Net. If so will there be any
> restrictions/limitations?

> Thank you for any answers!

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 01:53:22 GMT

1. Compile CS source code using ICodeCompiler

2. PRB: Building code tree from C# code using CodeDom

3. PRB: Building code tree from C# code using CodeDom

4. pointers to migration issues from existing C++ code to managed C++ or C#

5. pointers to migration issues from existing C++ code to managed C++ or C#

6. C++ Class used within C# (Char[] in C++)

7. New C# Source Code Sample - Running JScript.NET Code from C# Apps

8. How to compile Visual C++ 1.0 source code using Visual C++ 4.0

10. C++ vs C# or ( C++ + C#)?

11. Can not create web application (ASP.NET using C#)

12. Help!! How to start an application using C#