an ActiveX hosted in IE
Author Message
 an ActiveX hosted in IE

I designed a ActiveX and host it in IE, how can I get the IWebBrowser2
interface in my ActiveX ? Is it possible?

Another question is how to set the activex properties by using <param> tag,
such as
<OBJECT id="Dnetalbum1" classid="clsid:99D503A2-AA0D-412C-88FE-F643AEF37DB2"
VIEWASTEXT>
<PARAM NAME="UploadUrl" VALUE=http://localhost/upload.aspx>
</OBJECT>

"UploadUrl" is a property in the my ActiveX control, is it possible to set
the value of  "UploadUrl" in this style, I tried it, but the value of
"UploadUrl" did not change.

Thank you.

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:21:27 GMT
 an ActiveX hosted in IE
Quote:
> Another question is how to set the activex properties by using <param>
tag,
> such as
> <OBJECT id="Dnetalbum1"

classid="clsid:99D503A2-AA0D-412C-88FE-F643AEF37DB2"
Quote:
> VIEWASTEXT>
> <PARAM NAME="UploadUrl" VALUE=http://localhost/upload.aspx>
> </OBJECT>

> "UploadUrl" is a property in the my ActiveX control, is it possible to set
> the value of  "UploadUrl" in this style, I tried it, but the value of
> "UploadUrl" did not change.

Hi!

    Well, when I've been creating a control hosted in IE I had to inherit it
from IPersistPropertyBagImpl and implement Load method, in which I was
reading passed values. Dunno if it helps.

greetz,
PsychoOne

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 22:11:08 GMT
 an ActiveX hosted in IE

Quote:
> I designed a ActiveX and host it in IE, how can I get the IWebBrowser2
> interface in my ActiveX ? Is it possible?

See KB Article Q172763 "INFO: Accessing the Object Model from Within an
ActiveX Control"

Quote:
> Another question is how to set the activex properties by using <param>
tag,
> such as
> <OBJECT id="Dnetalbum1"

classid="clsid:99D503A2-AA0D-412C-88FE-F643AEF37DB2"

Quote:
> VIEWASTEXT>
> <PARAM NAME="UploadUrl" VALUE=http://localhost/upload.aspx>
> </OBJECT>

You need to implement IPersistPropertyBag - see IPersistPropertyBagImpl.
Make sure UploadUrl property is mentioned in the property map.

You also most likely need to implement IObjectSafety so that
GetInterfaceSafetyOptions returns at least
INTERFACESAFE_FOR_UNTRUSTED_DATA flag. See IObjectSafetyImpl.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 06:07:40 GMT

1. an ActiveX hosted in IE

2. an ActiveX hosted in IE

3. ATL ActiveX Control hosting code fails to initialize ActiveX Controls on Win9x

4. Satellite assemblies in Windows Forms controls hosted in IE

5. .net componet hosted by IE?

6. Host IE from within a winforms app.

7. example of hosting ie

8. script-execute from ie-hosting application

9. Hosting ActiveX with ATL problem

10. Windowless ActiveX control hosting with ATL

11. hosting remote activex control

12. ATL ActiveX hosting (ATL Compisite Control)