VC7 applications with no .Net Framework
Author Message
 VC7 applications with no .Net Framework

I've tried to run trivial ATL, MFC, Win32 VC7 applications on a system where
the .Net Framework is not installed. Having copied a few dlls the
applications required into the appropriate folder, everything works fine.
Is this safe? What are the extents of this sort of operation? We've a a VB
project where some of the COM DLLs are implemented in VC6. We're considering
the use of VC7 for further DLL development.

Any help is appreciated,

Ladvnszky Kroly

Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:31:50 GMT
 VC7 applications with no .Net Framework

Quote:
> I've tried to run trivial ATL, MFC, Win32 VC7 applications on a system
where
> the .Net Framework is not installed. Having copied a few dlls the
> applications required into the appropriate folder, everything works
fine.
> Is this safe? What are the extents of this sort of operation? We've a
a VB
> project where some of the COM DLLs are implemented in VC6. We're
considering
> the use of VC7 for further DLL development.

Perfectly fine, no problems.  The only thing to be aware of is that
VC7-compiled DLLs will use msvcr70.dll instead of msvcrt.dll, will use
mfc70.dll instead of mfc42.dll, etc - make sure you include the required
VC7 redistributables in your installation and you shouldn't have any
problem.   VB6 can load COM DLLs developed with VC7 with no problems.

-cd

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 01:14:52 GMT
 VC7 applications with no .Net Framework

Quote:

Can this also be done with the mscoree.dll residing in the
system32 directory?

Regards
Thomas

Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:38:12 GMT
 VC7 applications with no .Net Framework

Quote:
> Can this also be done with the mscoree.dll residing in the
> system32 directory?

I'm assuming that by "this" you mean restributing mscoree.dll.  That DLL
is part of the .NET framework, and (I believe) can only be distributed
using the .NET framework redistributable.

You can find all the files you're allowed to redistribute listed in the
file REDIST.TXT, in your Visual Studio install directory.

-cd

Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:53:08 GMT

1. Regular .Net Framework versus Compact .Net Framework

2. VS.NET and .NET Framework

3. "Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration" + mscorlib.resources

4. .NET Compact Framework

5. Books covering the .NET Framework Class Library?

6. Class Library (.NET Framework)

7. csharp app for machines withoug .NET framework

8. vs.NET and framework

9. VS 2003 targeting .NET Framework 1.0

10. How to - Screenshot with C# / Csharp and (.net) dotnet compact framework

11. Compiling without .NET framework

12. Porting from VC++6 to .NET Framework (Objects, Collections)