Compiler error C3376
Author Message
 Compiler error C3376

I have a .NET assembly built using Cpp w/manX.  It's built by 1st
building a static library set to emmit managed code ("/CLR" ). The
assembly build target that imports this static library is itself is
set to /CLR, but in the Advanced page of the Linker settings, the
"Turn Off Assembly Generation" option is set to:
Yes(/NOASSEMBLY). I believe this is = to the command line:
/clr:noAssembly

I've included part of an older posting on this subject as reference
below my sign off. ( Sorry I couldn't respond to the thread for some
reason. )
The message below from Ulzii of Microsoft says that using the
/NOASSEMBLY generates a .netmodule ( still outputs file w/ .dll
extension but it's considered a ".netmodule" ). Doing so makes the
data private to the assembly available to the code using the assembly.

In my situation, where I'm building an assembly from source + static
library, the private clr code in the static library portion of the
assembly is not available to the code using it.

Is this bug?
Thanks,
Dr. Evil
Old posting:

Subject: Re: Compile error C3376 - type is inaccessible
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc
Date: 2001-10-24 17:40:59 PST

Hi Adam,

There's actually another way you can do this without changing the
signiture
of Y.
You can compile X to generate .obj or .netmodule instead of .dll.
Then #using "X.obj" in your other project, you can access private
types.
FYI, when you compile your code to generate .netmodule, you would do
this:
cl myfile.cpp /clr:noAssembly /LD
this will generate myfile.dll instead of myfile.netmodule like it
should,
but that's a different story (it's a bug).  But you can treat
myfile.dll as
myfile.netmodule.
Then just #using "myfile.dll" in your other project.
.obj and .netmodule can access any type private to the assembly, but
not
private members to private classes.
Let me know if this helps.

Ulzii-

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:58:04 GMT

1. C3376 and C3377 error messages.

2. Compile error C3376 - type is inaccessible

3. VC++6.0/SP3 Compiler Error: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

4. C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler files 'msc1.cpp', line 2844)

5. Compiler error in compiler file msc1.cpp line 1786

6. C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)

7. INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR - compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)

8. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

9. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

10. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

11. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

12. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR