about UTF-8 and UNICODE
Author Message
 about UTF-8 and UNICODE

Hi all,

   Is UTF-8 encoding local dependent?

   I've heard from some where that every UTF-8 encoded character has it's
corresponding Unicode one. I think Unicoded character is locale
independent,Then why some other said that UTF-8 is locale dependent?

   Can anybody tell me the truth.

Regards,
Booker

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:23:16 GMT
 about UTF-8 and UNICODE
I know the answer now..,it is locale independent...thanks for reading this.

Booker.

Quote:
> Hi all,

>    Is UTF-8 encoding local dependent?

>    I've heard from some where that every UTF-8 encoded character has it's
> corresponding Unicode one. I think Unicoded character is locale
> independent,Then why some other said that UTF-8 is locale dependent?

>    Can anybody tell me the truth.

> Regards,
> Booker

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:05:08 GMT

1. UTF-8 to Unicode

2. UTF-8 to UniCode

3. UTF-8 and Unicode on Win 95/98 & NT

4. UTF-8 and Unicode on Win 95/98 & NT

5. Unicode - UTF string format

6. Changing Codeset from BIG5 to Unicode (UTF-8)

7. How can I convert a Unicode string to a UTF-8 string

8. UNICODE, programs using unicode

9. how to get unicode string from database in an none-unicode project

10. Unicode Edit box in non-unicode application?

11. Can anyone tell me how to transfer unicode to utf-8 ?

12. Using Unicode DLL in Non-Unicode Exe