Knowing when an __event is hooked
Author Message
 Knowing when an __event is hooked

Is there any way to know whether an __event has been hooked or not, without
explicitly keeping tracking of it oneself through some sort of
HookEvent/UnhookEvent functions ?

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 05:11:38 GMT
 Knowing when an __event is hooked
I am talking about Native C++. The documentation doesn't state that one has
to test for the event being 0 or not, or that this is even possible. Is this
something that is done when used in Native C++ or does calling the event
gracefully fail if it is not hooked ?

Quote:
> If you're talking about .NET, then you can just test "MyEvent != 0" (In
> fact, you must or you'll get a null pointer exception).

> If you're talking about COM, then I can't help you there.

> -Sean

> > Is there any way to know whether an __event has been hooked or not,
> without
> > explicitly keeping tracking of it oneself through some sort of
> > HookEvent/UnhookEvent functions ?

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 06:59:18 GMT
 Knowing when an __event is hooked
If you're talking about .NET, then you can just test "MyEvent != 0" (In
fact, you must or you'll get a null pointer exception).

If you're talking about COM, then I can't help you there.

-Sean

Quote:
> Is there any way to know whether an __event has been hooked or not,
without
> explicitly keeping tracking of it oneself through some sort of
> HookEvent/UnhookEvent functions ?

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 06:19:22 GMT

1. I am seachcing a free pascal editor if someone known a web site just called me

2. Want to know Message Hooking

3. How to know whether i am connected

4. how to know whether i am connected

5. How do I know when I am connected?

6. Want to know Message Hooking

7. Testing when an __event has been hooked

8. hook / unhook event

9. Hook to Win32 Key Event

10. Hooking the IE BeforeNavigate2 Event

11. _ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES causes crashes when hooking up events

12. hooking up to events