Very odd string problem
Author Message
 Very odd string problem

Hi!

When passing to the COM code, how are you sending it ? Are you converting
the string to BSTR, or its equivalent, like CComBstr ?

"French is the language of love, C# is for everything else..."

Quote:

> Hi All,

> Hoping that you can help me with this. I have a two tier project with pure
> non-COM C++ core and COM+ wrappers. The project can be run either directly
> using the core or also by using the COM+ wrappers to access the object.
The
> problem is as follows, I am passing back a string and it appears to get
> corrupted when I run through COM but not through the core. However, if I
> decrease the size of the string to say 80 chars instead of 140 then it
> passes through fine. I am using stl strings for the transfer and it works
in
> loads of other places in the code without any problems. I'm stumped!! Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

> TIA,

>  Jonathan

> --

> -    url: http://www.*-*-*.com/                              -

Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:20:03 GMT

1. Odd String Problems

2. LoadString returning odd strings

3. odd string

4. Odd ADSI Problem

5. ODD __gc problem

6. Odd Setup Problems

7. Odd problem with System.Collections.SortedList

8. Odd scanf problem

9. odd pointer dereference problem

10. Problem with odd loop when passing float to function

11. Problem with odd loop when passing float to function

12. odd bit field problem