install addins in undermenue (automatic)
Author Message
 install addins in undermenue (automatic)

Hy, i would like to install my several addins(c++) in a
way,
that all addins are in a folder of my own in the tools -
bar. (when you install an addin, it appears per default
on the top in the tools - menu of the Studio. I want,
that when i install one of my addins, that a underfolder
(or undermenue)in the tools -menu will be created, and
all addins that i install later (all selfmade addins)will
appear in this submenu called "Andreas Addins".)

I didnt found out how to do this at all. the only code
which i suspect i must change to complete my goal are the
following functioncalls in the STDMETHODIMP
CConnect::OnConnection Method:

m_pDTE->get_Commands(&pCommands)
pCommands->AddNamedCommand
m_pDTE->get_CommandBars
pCommandBars->get_Item
pCreatedCommand->AddControl

i read vitrually all the stuff in the msdn , but i didnt
found out. please help me!

thanx a lot!!

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:19:41 GMT
 install addins in undermenue (automatic)
Andreas,

Quote:
>Hy, i would like to install my several addins(c++) in a
>way,
>that all addins are in a folder of my own in the tools -
>bar. (when you install an addin, it appears per default
>on the top in the tools - menu of the Studio. I want,
>that when i install one of my addins, that a underfolder
>(or undermenue)in the tools -menu will be created, and
>all addins that i install later (all selfmade addins)will
>appear in this submenu called "Andreas Addins".)

>I didnt found out how to do this at all. the only code
>which i suspect i must change to complete my goal are the
>following functioncalls in the STDMETHODIMP

There isn't a simplified way of doing this in VS .NET. However, I believe
you should be able to access the CommandBars collection through the object
model and manipulate that way.

Martyn Lovell
Software Architect
Visual C++ Libraries Team

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 07:45:04 GMT

1. Automatic install from CD

2. porting visual c++ 6.0 addins to visual studio.net

3. Creating wizards (addins) for Visual Studio.

4. Question on Visual Studio IDE Addins

5. ds Addins?

6. VC AddIns - New Tab in output Window

7. Visual C++ addins won't load

8. Programatic re-registering of Addins

9. @RUNMACRO(macroname) ? (Lotus 1-2-3 Addins)

10. @RUNMACRO(macroname) ? (Lotus 1-2-3 Addins)

11. Excel Addins

12. Stock Quotes/News Addins with MFC and QuotesNow!