using the old iostream stuff in Visual C++ .Net standard
Author Message
 using the old iostream stuff in Visual C++ .Net standard

hi, i've been working in C#/Windows Forms for a while, but I want to
programming. I noticed that if you just do the normal
cout << prog with iostream.h it doesn't work.
plain iostream (w.the .h ) doesn't work either.
it has to be somewhere.. but where? i really want to use
visual studio, TIA

nmf

Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:34:03 GMT
 using the old iostream stuff in Visual C++ .Net standard
old <iostream.h> will still work, but will be removed in next version.
you have to use <iostream> instead:

#include <iostream>
int main()
{
    std::cout<<"hello"<<std::endl;
    return 0;

Quote:
}

Quote:
> hi, i've been working in C#/Windows Forms for a while, but I want to
> programming. I noticed that if you just do the normal
> cout << prog with iostream.h it doesn't work.
> plain iostream (w.the .h ) doesn't work either.
> it has to be somewhere.. but where? i really want to use
> visual studio, TIA

> nmf

Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:59:57 GMT

1. Migration from old iostream to Standard iostream

2. Standard c++ library and old iostream library in the same program

3. Standard c++ library and old iostream library in the same program

4. Standard C++ Library and old iostream libraries in VC++ 4.2

5. Standard c++ library and old iostream library in the same program

6. Visual C# .NET Standard vs. Visual Studio.NET

7. Fw: <iostream>, <iostream.h>, Visual C++, g++

8. <iostream>, <iostream.h>, Visual C++, g++

9. Differences between Visual C# .Net Standard and Visual Studio.Net Professional

10. Visual .NET C++ 7 standard

11. Visual C++ .NET coexisting with Visual C++ v6.0 SP5

12. Visual C++ .NET reviews, comparisons to Visual C++ 6.0