debug exe OK but release exe crashes
Author Message
 debug exe OK but release exe crashes

I have an app built with VC++ 2003 and MFC.  My debug
exe is working OK with a test case but the release exe crashes
with the same test case.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to tracking down the
problem in my release exe ?

Thanks,
Lynn McGuire

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 07:41:31 GMT
 debug exe OK but release exe crashes

Quote:

> I have an app built with VC++ 2003 and MFC.  My debug
> exe is working OK with a test case but the release exe crashes
> with the same test case.

> Does anyone have any suggestions as to tracking down the
> problem in my release exe ?

Compile your release EXE with full debug info and then step into the
de{*filter*} when it crashes to see where.

Usually "release build only" bugs are related to uninitialized variables.

-cd

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 09:05:54 GMT
 debug exe OK but release exe crashes

Quote:
> I have an app built with VC++ 2003 and MFC.  My debug
> exe is working OK with a test case but the release exe crashes
> with the same test case.

It is possible to set these options file by file (Just right-click on the
file), so
you can add debug-information where you suspect the crash happens.

Olav

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 18:34:54 GMT

1. CRecordset AND Debug exe success AND Release exe failure

2. Q: ansi c in mfx exe (static linked) crashes in release, but not debug

3. Release build OK / Debug version crashes /ODBC /dbcore.cpp

4. Release build OK / Debug version crashes /ODBC /dbcore.cpp

5. release .exe crashes

6. Debug a exe launched by another exe

7. Debug VC6 exe launched from VB6 exe

8. VC++ 6.0 debug builds crash with Intellimouse point32.exe running

9. Debug exe crashes but only when stepping through

10. Managed VC++.NET (2002): Run the .exe file in the Debug or Release Folder

11. debugging release version of exe

12. Debug , Release exe problem