Using 3rd party C library in Managed C++
Author Message
 Using 3rd party C library in Managed C++

I'm using the .h file and referencing the .lib file in my "Configuration
Properties|Linker|Input|Additional Dependecies" variable on the project
properties page.  However, I get a runtime error when trying to load the
library.  It throws a System.TypeLoadException.  What do I need to do to be
able to call functions in standard C dll?

Thanks,
Barry

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 23:29:37 GMT
 Using 3rd party C library in Managed C++
Look at the type load exception, which type is it
complaining about?

Sometimes it is sufficient to add something like the
following:

struct MissingType {};

Whereas other times, you might need to completely define
the type:

struct MissingType
{
   int x;

Quote:
};

Try the top one first though...

Quote:

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 00:19:38 GMT
 Using 3rd party C library in Managed C++
The first one fixed it.  Thanks!

Quote:
> Look at the type load exception, which type is it
> complaining about?

> Sometimes it is sufficient to add something like the
> following:

> struct MissingType {};

> Whereas other times, you might need to completely define
> the type:

> struct MissingType
> {
>    int x;
> };

> Try the top one first though...

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 01:24:05 GMT

1. Using 3rd party source as a library

2. C4251 - enhancing 3rd-party library with own library

3. 3rd party frameworks and libraries?

4. 3rd party libraries and frameworks

5. Intellisense, 3rd party libraries and ncb files

6. Linker problems with 3rd party library

7. import library for 3rd party DLL

8. Intellisense for 3rd-party libraries?

9. Intellisense and 3rd-party libraries

10. ATL Composite Control Using LeadTools(3rd Party) Problem

11. Using 'enums' from 3rd party controls

12. Using 3rd party Kerberos with SQL