_com_issue_errorex
Author Message
 _com_issue_errorex

I'm trying to catch an exception thrown by the _com_issue_errorex method
in managed c++ and every time i step through the code, it hits the catch
block for the _com_error exception, jumps back to the tli file, does the
line after the _com_issue_errorex and then returns to the next highest
catch(Exception* ex) block in my managed c++ code and not the block for
the catch(_com_error* com) and the exception ex always says "An external
component has thrown an exception and nowhere that i can find in that
exception is the error code that the com component is throwing.  If
anyone has any ideas how to catch this error such that i can get the
error information for the _com_error that is thrown by the
_com_issue_errorex i would greatly appreciate it.

John

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 01:00:40 GMT
 _com_issue_errorex
catch (const _com_error& ex)
{
  // ...

Quote:
}

It sounds like you're trying to catch the exception by pointer (the silly
MFC convention).

-cd

Quote:
> I'm trying to catch an exception thrown by the _com_issue_errorex method
> in managed c++ and every time i step through the code, it hits the catch
> block for the _com_error exception, jumps back to the tli file, does the
> line after the _com_issue_errorex and then returns to the next highest
> catch(Exception* ex) block in my managed c++ code and not the block for
> the catch(_com_error* com) and the exception ex always says "An external
> component has thrown an exception and nowhere that i can find in that
> exception is the error code that the com component is throwing.  If
> anyone has any ideas how to catch this error such that i can get the
> error information for the _com_error that is thrown by the
> _com_issue_errorex i would greatly appreciate it.

> John

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 01:25:10 GMT
 _com_issue_errorex
Thanks a ton, that was exactly my problem.

John

Quote:

> catch (const _com_error& ex)
> {
>   // ...
> }

> It sounds like you're trying to catch the exception by pointer (the silly
> MFC convention).

> -cd

>>I'm trying to catch an exception thrown by the _com_issue_errorex method
>>in managed c++ and every time i step through the code, it hits the catch
>>block for the _com_error exception, jumps back to the tli file, does the
>>line after the _com_issue_errorex and then returns to the next highest
>>catch(Exception* ex) block in my managed c++ code and not the block for
>>the catch(_com_error* com) and the exception ex always says "An external
>>component has thrown an exception and nowhere that i can find in that
>>exception is the error code that the com component is throwing.  If
>>anyone has any ideas how to catch this error such that i can get the
>>error information for the _com_error that is thrown by the
>>_com_issue_errorex i would greatly appreciate it.

>>John

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:30:53 GMT

1. Why _com_issue_errorex()???

2. IUnknownPtr and _com_issue_errorex problems in COM

3. _com_issue_errorex

4. error C2065: '_com_issue_errorex' : undeclared identifier

5. _com_issue_errorex() Error occued

6. ATL 'com_issue_errorex' : undeclared identifie from my "xxx.tli" file