Compress Dll / Exe (VC++ / C#)
Author Message
 Compress Dll / Exe (VC++ / C#)

Hi,

my dll (VC++7.0) is about 600 KB now.
When I compress it with WinZip it drops to ~300KB.

Is there a tool somwhere to compress that dll and let it stay as a useable
dll ?
I mean, compress it, but the result should be a dll that can be used like
the original.

I noticed there are a lot of exe compressors for VC6 around, but nothing for
the .NET world.

Andr

Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:14:45 GMT
 Compress Dll / Exe (VC++ / C#)
Hello,

I've finally found a tool at http://www.thinstall.com.
It can compress & encrypt several .NET dll/exe files (other files too) and
bind them all into one (1) exe file.

What I needed was to compress .NET files, but the tool above has even more
interesting features.

Andr

---

Quote:
> Hi,

> my dll (VC++7.0) is about 600 KB now.
> When I compress it with WinZip it drops to ~300KB.

> Is there a tool somwhere to compress that dll and let it stay as a useable
> dll ?
> I mean, compress it, but the result should be a dll that can be used like
> the original.

> I noticed there are a lot of exe compressors for VC6 around, but nothing
for
> the .NET world.

> Andr

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 12:21:36 GMT

1. Compress Dll / Exe (VC++ / C#)

2. HOWTO : Pass UDT between VC++ COM DLL and VC++ exe

3. Tools to diff exe and dlls build from vc++ and vb

4. boland delphi exe and vc++ dlls

5. Strange quirk with CDHtmlDialog's and compressed .exe's

6. Using Compress.exe

7. Compress.exe

8. Compress.exe

9. Couldn't find COMPRESS.EXE

10. Call C# EXE from VC++

11. Compress JPEGs with C#

12. Looking for a function that can de-compress files compressed with the DOS function