Need help starting an app.
Author Message
 Need help starting an app.

I need to write a VC++ V7 program that doesn't fit into any of the
standard wizard types. What I need is a non-doc/view main window with
a menu and controls. Menu items will pop up other dialog boxes
(outside the main window).

I started a dialog-type app and was able to remove the OK and Cancel
buttons and add a menu to it, but because the main dialog is called
with DoModal, no other menu buttons get recognized.

I also started a basic Win32 Windows app. I can't figure out how to
add a VS-generated dialog box to the blank part of the main window. (I
do see that I can build a dialog programmatically.) I would think that
some routine should be able to plunk a dialog box in, referenced by
the ID of the dialog.

I also scanned through the sample programs but did not offhand see any
that seemed helpful.

Any help/ideas?

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 02:54:38 GMT
 Need help starting an app.
My advice would be to start a doc-view program, probably ignore the document
entirely, and make a CFormView based view.  Document, in this case, does not
necessarily mean a file on disk, it is just the repository for information.

Best Regards
Julian Nicholls

Quote:
> I need to write a VC++ V7 program that doesn't fit into any of the
> standard wizard types. What I need is a non-doc/view main window with
> a menu and controls. Menu items will pop up other dialog boxes
> (outside the main window).

> I started a dialog-type app and was able to remove the OK and Cancel
> buttons and add a menu to it, but because the main dialog is called
> with DoModal, no other menu buttons get recognized.

> I also started a basic Win32 Windows app. I can't figure out how to
> add a VS-generated dialog box to the blank part of the main window. (I
> do see that I can build a dialog programmatically.) I would think that
> some routine should be able to plunk a dialog box in, referenced by
> the ID of the dialog.

> I also scanned through the sample programs but did not offhand see any
> that seemed helpful.

> Any help/ideas?

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:13:26 GMT

1. Need help to start using a COM object in VC app

2. No View Needed when App starts !!!

3. Start/no start app using command line?

4. Start App when Windows starts

5. App not starting in start in dir.

6. Need help converting a console app to windows app with a DLL

7. Help please - Dialog-based app won't start - Acc Vio C0000005 - VC 5 - Win200

8. Help: Starting MFC app with its window hidden

9. Help! Start MDI app without document

10. help! Start ActiveSync connection by my app

11. how to start an app from another app?

12. How to start another app through my app