Unknown Problem
Author Message
 Unknown Problem

Im using MS Vis Studio .net academic, and Im trying to write a Hello World
app.
Unfortunately, after the app is compiled and executed, it automatically
exits.
Its the same if I ask the user for input with cin.
Im not new to C++, and this hasn't happened before.

I tried :
Running app without debugging, in which case the app does stop to receive
input,
but the build exe does not, as it automatically exits.

I also tried reinstalling the program on another partition, in another XP
installation,
but to no avail.

The following is the Debug output :

'test2.exe': Loaded 'D:\Documents and Settings\net dev\My Documents\Visual
Studio Projects\test2\Debug\test2.exe', Symbols loaded.
'test2.exe': Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', No symbols loaded.
'test2.exe': Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', No symbols loaded.
The program '[316] test2.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The following is the Build output, which does not work either :

------ Build started: Project: test2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
Skipping... (no relevant changes detected)
core.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://d:\Documents and Settings\net dev\My
Documents\Visual Studio Projects\test2\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
test2 - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------
Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Krzysztof

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 07:42:12 GMT
 Unknown Problem
I was under the impression that the Academic version does
not allow creating EXE files.

Am I wrong in asuming this is what you want to do?

Quote:

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 08:32:35 GMT
 Unknown Problem

Quote:
> Im using MS Vis Studio .net academic, and Im trying to write a Hello World

app.

Quote:
> Unfortunately, after the app is compiled and executed, it automatically

exits.
Which it should. If you mean you want to see the output displayed in the
console window, try using ctrl-F5 to run the app. It will pause after the
exe exits. Then hit any key to cause that window to exit.

Quote:
> Its the same if I ask the user for input with cin.

Just a guess: check the linker property Subsystem: is set to Console.  If
I'm not mistaken, a Windows exe ignores stdin/stdout calls, but then again,
I thought it just wouldn't compile...

If these don't work, post the code...

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 08:38:26 GMT

1. Unknown Problem

2. creating an unknown object in an unknown assembly ?

3. Marshalling structures of unknown length (CMDINPARAMS, CMDOUTPARAMS)

4. Early-Binding w/ unknown derived classes at runtime

5. Casting a object instance to a unknown type.

6. LINK : fatal error LNK1000: unknown error

7. Unknown Win32 error code

8. Unknown Error Returned from SetCooperativeLevel

9. unknown parse error

10. Unknown error

11. Help: opening unknown # of files

12. unknown types , .