Using Borland DLL in VC7
Author Message
 Using Borland DLL in VC7

Is it possible to use a DLL created with Borland in VC7.  I have the DLL and
can get the .lib

Gregor

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:10:06 GMT
 Using Borland DLL in VC7

Quote:
> Is it possible to use a DLL created with Borland in VC7.  I have the DLL
and
> can get the .lib

Yes.

Sometimes.

You'll have to be a lot more specific in your question for a more specific
answer.

-cd

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:57:47 GMT
 Using Borland DLL in VC7

Quote:
> Is it possible to use a DLL created with Borland in VC7.

If the DLL exports C functions, rather than C++ objects,
yes. Name mangling is not standardized, and every
vendor uses his own method.

Quote:
> I have the DLL and
> can get the .lib

I believe you will need to recreate the LIB file; Borland's
are not compatible with VC. Borland's IMPLIB utility
can convert a VC import library to Borland format, perhaps
it can do the reverse.

If not, you can build an import library for VC, using the
LIB utility, from a DEF file: you will need to make the
DEF file yourself.

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 03:56:08 GMT
 Using Borland DLL in VC7
Quote:

Yes, of course.  How hard it is, depends on what's in the
dll (if some joker exported a Borland __fastcall, instead
of a __stdcall, it can be tedious work)

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:43:21 GMT

1. Help with writing and using DLL using Borland 3.1

2. stl map iterator corrupted in dll using vc7 .net

3. Problem returning an std::string from a DLL (using VC7)

4. what DLLs uses Borland c+

5. Create C DLL using Borland's C IDE

6. Using Borland DLL's from Visual Basic 4.0

7. HELP: Creating DLL for VB using Borland C/C++

8. Using a Borland DLL in VC

9. Using Borland C++ DLLs in VC 5.0

10. Using a Borland DLL with VC++

11. Help: Using Borland C++ 16 bit DLL with Visual C++ 5.0

12. Using a Borland C++5 DLL with VC++ 6