VC++ .NET 2003 - C/C++ folder missing when using .cc files
Author Message
 VC++ .NET 2003 - C/C++ folder missing when using .cc files

Hi all,

I installed the new VS .NET 2003 on my computer and I start working
with it. I have some projects created with VC++ 7.0 and I wanted to
convert them to VS .NET 2003. The project contains .cc and .hh files
and after converting it to VS .NET 2003, on project properties the
C/C++ folder can no be seen, so there is no way how I can set for
instance Preprocessor Definitions.

If I change the files to .cpp and .hpp the C/C++ folder can be seen.

Is this a bug? How can I have .cc files and still the C/C++ folder for
the whole project to be seen?

Hope that somebody knows the answer,
Thanks in advance,
Viv

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 00:34:44 GMT
 VC++ .NET 2003 - C/C++ folder missing when using .cc files

--------------------

| Date: 4 Feb 2003 08:34:44 -0800
|
| Hi all,
|
| I installed the new VS .NET 2003 on my computer and I start working
| with it. I have some projects created with VC++ 7.0 and I wanted to
| convert them to VS .NET 2003. The project contains .cc and .hh files
| and after converting it to VS .NET 2003, on project properties the
| C/C++ folder can no be seen, so there is no way how I can set for
| instance Preprocessor Definitions.
|
| If I change the files to .cpp and .hpp the C/C++ folder can be seen.
|
| Is this a bug? How can I have .cc files and still the C/C++ folder for
| the whole project to be seen?
|
| Hope that somebody knows the answer,
| Thanks in advance,
| Viv

Hi Viv,

Yes this is a bug. Thank you for reporting this to us, we will be fixing
this for our next version. In the meantime as a workaround you can select
each .cc file in turn, go to the Property grid on the lower right hand side
of the screen and then change the File Type property from "document" to
"C/C++ code"
Thanks,
--
Diana Kumar, Visual C++ Team

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 02:41:22 GMT
 VC++ .NET 2003 - C/C++ folder missing when using .cc files

Quote:
> --------------------

> | Date: 4 Feb 2003 08:34:44 -0800
> |
> | Hi all,
> |
> | I installed the new VS .NET 2003 on my computer and I start working
> | with it. I have some projects created with VC++ 7.0 and I wanted to
> | convert them to VS .NET 2003. The project contains .cc and .hh files
> | and after converting it to VS .NET 2003, on project properties the
> | C/C++ folder can no be seen, so there is no way how I can set for
> | instance Preprocessor Definitions.
> |
> | If I change the files to .cpp and .hpp the C/C++ folder can be seen.
> |
> | Is this a bug? How can I have .cc files and still the C/C++ folder for
> | the whole project to be seen?
> |
> | Hope that somebody knows the answer,
> | Thanks in advance,
> | Viv
> |

> Hi Viv,

> Yes this is a bug. Thank you for reporting this to us, we will be fixing
> this for our next version. In the meantime as a workaround you can select
> each .cc file in turn, go to the Property grid on the lower right hand side
> of the screen and then change the File Type property from "document" to
> "C/C++ code"
> Thanks,

Thanks for this workaround. I found another one: adding an empty
dummy.cpp file to the project. In this way the C/C++ can be seen and
the settings can be done.

Viv

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 01:20:46 GMT
 VC++ .NET 2003 - C/C++ folder missing when using .cc files

--------------------

| Subject: Re: VC++ .NET 2003 - C/C++ folder missing when using .cc files
| Thanks for this workaround. I found another one: adding an empty
| dummy.cpp file to the project. In this way the C/C++ can be seen and
| the settings can be done.
|
| Viv

Yep that one works too.

Thanks,
--
Diana Kumar, Visual C++ Team

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 02:09:23 GMT

1. VC++ .NET 2003 - C/C++ folder missing when using .cc files

3. Slower compilation with VC Net 2003 (7.1) when compared to VC Net 7.0

4. Streams in Visual C++ 6.0 vise VC .NET 2003

5. Possible bug: MIDL properties missing in VS.NET 2003 Final Beta

6. VS.NET 2003 VC++ and .NET controls

7. Problem porting ATL project from VC++ 6.0 to VC++.NET 2003

8. Streams: VC++ 6.0 vs VC.NET 2003

9. VS.NET: Adding one .cs file to more then one project

10. Adding cs-files from another directory in VS.NET

11. Howto get VC to compile a *.cc file as a C++ file

12. C++ .NET 2003 conformance - covariant return types