Internal Compiler Error [VC7.1]
Author Message
 Internal Compiler Error [VC7.1]

Hi,

Try compiling this with VC7.1 (I don't believe it is legal code though):

// - Test.cpp -- //

typedef x;
class x;

// ------------- //

Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 13.10.3077 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1984-2002. All rights reserved.

Test.cpp
Test.cpp(4) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
        (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2701)
         Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
         Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more
information

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 09:29:25 GMT
 Internal Compiler Error [VC7.1]

Quote:
>Try compiling this with VC7.1 (I don't believe it is legal code though):

>// - Test.cpp -- //

>typedef x;
>class x;

>// ------------- //

Yes, the same happens for me too.

It's a bit worrying when the compiler gets in a mess by what appears
to be trivial examples (albeit that they might be incorrect code) :(

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 17:20:24 GMT
 Internal Compiler Error [VC7.1]

Quote:

Sadly I have to agree on that..
MSVC 7.1 is very "generous" on C1001 compiler errors.
That makes tracking down the responsible code lines very
hard, last time it took me half a day only to figure out
I had to move a line out of a class into file scope to
get a clean compile.
Would be nice to get a compiler service pack when a
reasonable number of the C1001 are fixed/changed into
coder useable error messages.

Wed, 12 Oct 2005 06:12:52 GMT
 Internal Compiler Error [VC7.1]

Quote:

Another "fine" example would be this:
---
class X
{
   X(Y const &a);
Quote:
};

---
Where type Y is not defined.

Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:01:07 GMT

1. VC7.1: Internal compiler error in STL headers

2. VC7 internal compiler error using comparison function object with std::sort

3. vc7 Internal Compiler Error with boost tuple library

4. vc7 Internal Compiler Error with boost tuple library

5. another VC7.1 INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

6. vc7 Internal Compiler Error with boost tuple library

7. Internal Compiler Error in VC7

8. VC++6.0/SP3 Compiler Error: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

9. C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler files 'msc1.cpp', line 2844)

10. C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)

11. INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR - compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)

12. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR