Linker Errors
Author Message
 Linker Errors

Hello All,
I'm running into some weird linker problems that I can't
figure out.

I'm building an interface module that connects some
managed code to some unmanaged code. The managed stuff is
written in C#, but my interface is written in C++ to allow
conversion to __cdecl functions in our old unmanaged code.

Recently, I tried adding some delegate declarations to a
header file. I got this error:
Compiling...
twasp.cpp
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1215: metadata operation failed
(80131130) :

I looked this error up and it said;
"You probably have a mismatched linker and .NET runtime;
reinstall Visual C++."

I don't think that this is the problem because the project
compiles if I roll back my changes. Also, the same error
comes up on other developers' machines. Regardless, I re-
installed VisualStudio.NET. Same error.

This is the delegate definition/declaration that I am
trying to add:
__delegate Dword ConnDetailDelegate(Dword flags, char
*column1, char *column2, Dword other);
static ConnDetailDelegate *m_connDetailDelegate;

If I remove this declaration, the linker error disappears.
If I re-install this code, the error returns.
Unfortunately, that's not the whole problem.

There are some other weird symptoms:
If I remove some other declarations from the header file,
the problem lines compile OK. So I know that the lines are
OK. It seems as though the linker is "running out of
links" or something. If this were a database, one would
guess that the index is messed up, somehow.

Is there an upper limit on the number of objects that can
be linked in a project?

Is there some completely different problem?

Does anyone have a clue on this one?

-tomas

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:27:23 GMT

1. linker error again: unusual fatal error LNK1104

2. linker error 2001/compiler error 2893(templates and friend clases involved)

3. Linker Error : Internal Error on Pass2

4. Friend linker error Visual C++ .NET 2003

5. Help on linker error

6. Linker error for .ctor and Finalize in managed classes

7. Namespaces generates linker errors

8. MC++ unnamed structs gives linker error

9. VC 7.0 Linker Error LNK2005, LNK4006, LNK1169 _DllMain@12 already defined in MyDll.obj

10. Linker Error LNK2001.

11. Various linker errors when compiling with /GZ

12. logging linker errors