A clear solution?
Author Message
 A clear solution?

I've noticed a cool feature of forms via the Opacity property. The entire
form (and everything on it) can be made as transparent as desired. A value
of 1.0 means opaque and 0.0 invisible. A value of .5 is semi-transparent.

Is there something similar for individual controls? I'd like to fade out an
individual control if possible...

Thanks in advance!

  /== Peteroid ==\

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:31:36 GMT
 A clear solution?
Couldn't you put the control into a sub-form and make the sub-form
translucent?

-Sean

Quote:
> I've noticed a cool feature of forms via the Opacity property. The entire
> form (and everything on it) can be made as transparent as desired. A value
> of 1.0 means opaque and 0.0 invisible. A value of .5 is semi-transparent.

> Is there something similar for individual controls? I'd like to fade out
an
> individual control if possible...

> Thanks in advance!

>   /== Peteroid ==\

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 23:58:59 GMT
 A clear solution?
Hi Sean,

I just had that same thought! Put each control on a form, and then attach
this form to a main form. Although it would have been nice if the Control
class had an Opacity property... : )

 /== Peteroid ==\

Quote:
> Couldn't you put the control into a sub-form and make the sub-form
> translucent?

> -Sean

> > I've noticed a cool feature of forms via the Opacity property. The
entire
> > form (and everything on it) can be made as transparent as desired. A
value
> > of 1.0 means opaque and 0.0 invisible. A value of .5 is
semi-transparent.

> > Is there something similar for individual controls? I'd like to fade out
> an
> > individual control if possible...

> > Thanks in advance!

> >   /== Peteroid ==\

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 02:56:51 GMT
 A clear solution?
Hi Peteroid,

I am sending this to the windowsforms newsgroup as well. These questions are
really much more likely to get an answer there.

Ronald

Quote:
> Hi Sean,

> I just had that same thought! Put each control on a form, and then attach
> this form to a main form. Although it would have been nice if the Control
> class had an Opacity property... : )

>  /== Peteroid ==\

> > Couldn't you put the control into a sub-form and make the sub-form
> > translucent?

> > -Sean

> > > I've noticed a cool feature of forms via the Opacity property. The
> entire
> > > form (and everything on it) can be made as transparent as desired. A
> value
> > > of 1.0 means opaque and 0.0 invisible. A value of .5 is
> semi-transparent.

> > > Is there something similar for individual controls? I'd like to fade
out
> > an
> > > individual control if possible...

> > > Thanks in advance!

> > >   /== Peteroid ==\

Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:25:23 GMT

1. In VS.NET: May a solution contain other solutions

2. ANN: TwinText 1.3 Released - Source Code Documentation Solution

3. Project Configurations are out of date -- another solution for Libraries/LIB files

4. solution explorer on VC7

5. VC7: Solution Explorer

6. Customize context menu for items in Solution Explorer

7. vc .net solution explorer

8. Unable to build solution -- project reference confusion

9. Launching the wizard and closing the solution not raising the OnBeginShutDown event

10. Can't add new ATL class to ATL wizard generated solution

11. What is the logging solution for .NET?

12. A solution to the CStringT LNK2005 problem