_AfxAbortProc removed from VC7?
Author Message
 _AfxAbortProc removed from VC7?

Hey everyone,

still trying to port our main app from VC6 to VC7.

Finally got it building in Debug and then went for Release.

However in Release it doesn't link due to an unresolved external symbol:

"int __stdcall _AfxAbortProc(struct HDC__ *,int)"

I had a look in the lib files and for some reason the function is in
mfc70d.lib but not in mfc70.lib.  Was this deliberate, is it a mistake
and any ideas how I can get around it?

Thanks in advance, Argos

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:10:39 GMT
 _AfxAbortProc removed from VC7?

Quote:
>However in Release it doesn't link due to an unresolved external symbol:

>"int __stdcall _AfxAbortProc(struct HDC__ *,int)"

>I had a look in the lib files and for some reason the function is in
>mfc70d.lib but not in mfc70.lib.  Was this deliberate, is it a mistake
>and any ideas how I can get around it?

Can you copy the source code into your own project for now?

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 02:01:19 GMT
 _AfxAbortProc removed from VC7?
Well that is my plan for now :-)
Quote:

> >However in Release it doesn't link due to an unresolved external symbol:

> >"int __stdcall _AfxAbortProc(struct HDC__ *,int)"

> >I had a look in the lib files and for some reason the function is in
> >mfc70d.lib but not in mfc70.lib.  Was this deliberate, is it a mistake
> >and any ideas how I can get around it?

> Can you copy the source code into your own project for now?

> Dave
> --
> MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:51:16 GMT

1. possible bug in VC6, VC7, VC7.1

2. Possible bug in vc7.0 (and vc7.1)

3. ISO compliancy issues migrating from VC7 -> VC7.1

4. VC7.1 covariant return bug?

5. Poor Optimization in VC7.1

6. .Net VC7 project opened in VC6 can't find MSVCP70D.dll

7. Converting DevStudio Add-in from VC6 to VC7

8. VC7.1 C++ bug: incorrect definition of the constructor of a template accepted

9. Generate Option in VC7

10. VC7.1 code migration problem

11. VC7 and ATL7 and atltime.h

12. compiling QT and STL with VC7.1