Obselete Key words
Author Message
 Obselete Key words

I am having to convert a very old system. I get errors like

d:\btsdev\devisrc\pxengine.h(753) : error C4226:
nonstandard extension used : 'far' is an obsolete keyword
d:\btsdev\devisrc\pxengine.h(759) : error C4226:
nonstandard extension used : 'Pascal' is an obsolete keyword

when I try to compile the module using pxengine.h.

Does anyone know what the far and pascal keys are and
what could replace them in the header.

Thanks,
Gordon Sutton

  Pxengine.h
39K Download

Mon, 24 May 2004 03:34:40 GMT
 Obselete Key words
Hi Gordon,
There's a good help page on this.  Copy and paste this address on IE:
ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/vclang/html/_core_Obsolete_Calling_Conventions.h
tm

Ulzii-

Quote:
> I am having to convert a very old system. I get errors like

> d:\btsdev\devisrc\pxengine.h(753) : error C4226:
> nonstandard extension used : 'far' is an obsolete keyword
> d:\btsdev\devisrc\pxengine.h(759) : error C4226:
> nonstandard extension used : 'pascal' is an obsolete keyword

> when I try to compile the module using pxengine.h.

> Does anyone know what the far and pascal keys are and
> what could replace them in the header.

> Thanks,
> Gordon Sutton

Mon, 24 May 2004 03:58:09 GMT
 Obselete Key words
The keyword 'far' is from the 16 bit days (along with near) - in the 32 bit
world it is not needed so you can safely remove it - or add a cmd-line macro
definition /Dfar=

The keyword 'pascal' is for the calling convention that is today known as
__stdcall - the standard Win32 calling convention. Again you can either
remove it and compile with /Gz (which makes __stdcall the default calling
convention), replace it with __stdcall or add a cmd-line macro definition
/Dpascal=__stdcall.

I would advised biting the bullet and updating your source code.

--
Jonathan Caves
Microsoft Corporation

reserved.

> I am having to convert a very old system. I get errors like

> d:\btsdev\devisrc\pxengine.h(753) : error C4226:
> nonstandard extension used : 'far' is an obsolete keyword
> d:\btsdev\devisrc\pxengine.h(759) : error C4226:
> nonstandard extension used : 'pascal' is an obsolete keyword

> when I try to compile the module using pxengine.h.

> Does anyone know what the far and pascal keys are and
> what could replace them in the header.

> Thanks,
> Gordon Sutton

Mon, 24 May 2004 04:03:28 GMT

1. extern key word

2. Word to a key

3. key word searches in text files

4. How highlight MY key words?

5. lock (key word?)

6. WORD Automation via C#:BuiltInProperties in Word

7. Using Word components on non-Word computer

8. extracting text from a word document without word

9. Reversing a string word by word

10. Creating a Word Doc and launching word

11. Difference in size of RTF files across Word 97 and Word 2000

12. ShellExecuteEx opening Word doc to print seems to freeze Word