Unmanaged C++ & VB.NET
Author Message
 Unmanaged C++ & VB.NET

Why not wait for DX9, which will have managed DirectX which is, i think, a
managed wrapper on top of DirectX.  Then you could just build your graphics
engine on top of Managed DirectX.  I'd love to see a Managed DirectX 3D
Engine.

Quote:
> I am thinking about learning C++. I have a few questions:

> - Is it possible to make a graphics engine in Managed C++ that is capable
of
> rendering full-screen graphics (with alpha/color blending) at a decent
> framerate (25 fps+)?

> - Is it possible with Unmanaged C++?

> - Is it possible with C#?

> - Is it possible, or how hard would it be to use the resulting objects in
> VB.NET?

> - How hard will it be to learn C++? Ive been using VB for several years &
> have a pretty good idea of what is going on behind the scenes from using
> APIs & my limited exposure to C++.

> Any suggestions / comments would be greatly appreciated.

> TIA
> Jeremy

Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:50:38 GMT

1. Using VB.Net Ctrl Library in Unmanaged C++

2. Inherit unmanaged c++ classes from .Net platform (managed c++ or c#)

3. Unmanaged C++ class created from CSharp or VB fail with no error

4. Profiling an unmanaged C++ program in VS .NET?

5. C++ Dot net: calling managed method from unmanaged code

6. Problem with Visual Studio .NET (C++) - Maximise Speed (/O2) - Unmanaged Code

7. exceptions in unmanaged c++ in .NET ide

8. VC++.Net Unmanaged c++ attributed deployment with ATL7.0

9. Problem using SmtpMail.Send() in a VB.NET dll with a C++ string

10. Question about converting code from VB .NET to Managed C++ / C#

11. pass vb.net function pointer to Managed C++

12. VB6, VB.NET, C++, C# - myths and assumptions