Pressing F1 on ::CoCreateInstance tries to find .CoCreateInstance
Author Message
 Pressing F1 on ::CoCreateInstance tries to find .CoCreateInstance

Hello,

Have anyone else noticed this (and gotten annoyed by it), when pressing F1
on a statement like ::CoCreateInstance or anything with ::Name and then the
index tries to search for .CoCreateInstance/.Name which of course doesn't
exist in the help index and then you need to go to the index and remove the
. so that the subject you're searching for can be found... so just getting
help nowadays requires more than one keypress...

Perhaps the extra . is supposed to indicate that we're working with .Net...
;-)

/Morgan Larsson

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:47:07 GMT
 Pressing F1 on ::CoCreateInstance tries to find .CoCreateInstance

Quote:
> Hello,

> Have anyone else noticed this (and gotten annoyed by it), when pressing F1
> on a statement like ::CoCreateInstance or anything with ::Name and then
the
> index tries to search for .CoCreateInstance/.Name which of course doesn't
> exist in the help index and then you need to go to the index and remove
the
> . so that the subject you're searching for can be found... so just getting
> help nowadays requires more than one keypress...

I tried this:
 * Create a new Win32 project
 * in _tWinMain() added the line "::CoCreateInstance (...)"
 * F1 on CoCreateInstance brings me the right help page

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
--
Tarek Madkour   ---   Program Manager - Visual C++ IDE Team

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 05:00:27 GMT
 Pressing F1 on ::CoCreateInstance tries to find .CoCreateInstance
Unfortunately, this is a bug with the PSDK help entries. We're fixing this
in a future version.

Thanks,
--
Tarek Madkour   ---   Program Manager - Visual C++ IDE Team

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:47:26 GMT

1. CoCreateInstance fails for restricted users

2. CoCreateInstance

3. CoCreateInstance Failures

4. CoCreateInstance returns E_NOINTERFACE

5. CoCreateInstance fails for DAO

6. CoCreateInstance fails for restricted users

7. CoCreateInstance failed when called the second time

8. Visual Basic VC++ memory and CoCreateInstance

9. Problem with CoCreateInstance

10. CoCreateInstance

11. CoCreateInstance & QueryInterface

12. Problem in CoCreateInstance?