Partial Template Specialization?
Author Message
 Partial Template Specialization?

Magmai,

Quote:
> Does VC7 support partial template specialization?

Nope.

Quote:
> Is there a document detailing which standardization issues
> have been resolved with VC7 and which ones haven't?

There have been several post on the subject by MS people on this group, most
notably by Ronald Laeremans.

Quote:

> (Is it possible to search the MS newgroups?  I can't help
> but think that half the questions I ask have been answered
> before...)

Well, it has :) Seriously, though, you can usually search them using the
Google groups search engine ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) , as these groups
are indexed there, too.

If you don't find Ronald's post on the subject, ping me.. I probably have a
copy lying around somewhere...

--
Tomas Restrepo

Fri, 28 May 2004 11:10:36 GMT
 Partial Template Specialization?

Quote:

> Does VC7 support partial template specialization?

Hi Magmai,
  No, that's coming in the next version after Visual C++ .NET that we're
working really {*filter*}.

Quote:
> Is there a document detailing which standardization issues
> have been resolved with VC7 and which ones haven't?

The help information installed with Visual Studio .NET, does have
information on the areas that are non-compliant.  If you have VS .NET
installed with help, go here:

ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/vclang/html/vclrfStandardComplianceIssuesInVisua
lC.htm

From the summary page there, these are the areas of the standard that Visual
C++ .NET does not comply with.

--
Cheerio!
Brandon Bray                 Progam Manager in the Visual C++ Compiler Team

And now a word from the lawyers: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Sat, 29 May 2004 10:27:41 GMT

1. Partial template specialization problem?

2. Release plan for partial template specialization?

3. Partial template specialization??

4. partial template specialization

5. partial template specialization

6. VC++6.0 partial template specialization?

7. Partial template specialization

8. Partial Template Specialization?

9. partial template specialization & covariant returns

10. Partial Template Specialization

11. Partial template specialization

12. Template specialization problem (not partial-specialization)