interface inheritance failing while referring the COM dll in .NET project
Author Message
 interface inheritance failing while referring the COM dll in .NET project

Hi,
    I have a COM component developed in VC6.0,which uses interface
inheritance .If the inheritnace level exceeds 2 or 3 importing this dll in
.NET gives
    "System.ExecutionEngine Exception".If hte inheritance level is either 1
or 2 i am able to refer the dll in .NET project(using add references).

    For example my interfaces are like this.

interface IMyinterface:IDispatch
{
    HRESULT foo1();

Quote:
}

interface IMyinterface1:IMyinterface
{
    HRESULT foo1(int h);

Quote:
}

interface IMyinterface2:IMyinterface1
{
    HRESULT foo1(int h ,int k);

Quote:
}

interface IMyinterface3:IMyinterface2
{
    HRESULT foo1(int h ,int k,int l);
Quote:
}

interface IMyinterface4:IMyinterface4
{
    HRESULT foo1(int h ,int k,int l,int j);

Quote:
}

In this case building COM dll in VC6.0 and referring it in .NET raises
"system.ExecutionEngine exception"

Ramesh

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:45:17 GMT
 interface inheritance failing while referring the COM dll in .NET project
I just answered in the libraries newsgroup. And in an earlier post in this
newsgroup.

Ronald Laeremans
Visual C++ team

Quote:
> Hi,
>     I have a COM component developed in VC6.0,which uses interface
> inheritance .If the inheritnace level exceeds 2 or 3 importing this dll in
> .NET gives
>     "System.ExecutionEngine Exception".If hte inheritance level is either
1
> or 2 i am able to refer the dll in .NET project(using add references).

>     For example my interfaces are like this.

> interface IMyinterface:IDispatch
> {
>     HRESULT foo1();
> }

> interface IMyinterface1:IMyinterface
> {
>     HRESULT foo1(int h);
> }

> interface IMyinterface2:IMyinterface1
> {
>     HRESULT foo1(int h ,int k);
> }

> interface IMyinterface3:IMyinterface2
> {
>     HRESULT foo1(int h ,int k,int l);
> }
> interface IMyinterface4:IMyinterface4
> {
>     HRESULT foo1(int h ,int k,int l,int j);
> }

> In this case building COM dll in VC6.0 and referring it in .NET raises
> "system.ExecutionEngine exception"

> Ramesh

Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:30:53 GMT

1. interface inheritance raises exception while referring hte COM dll in .NET

2. .NET project locking/loading DLL created by other .NET project

3. .NET project locking/loading DLL created by other .NET project

4. COM interface inheritance

5. COM interface OK in VB6 but fails with type mismatch in VBScript

6. interface inheritance and exposing same interface

7. Adding COM interfaces to an existing MFC Project

8. COM Interface to MS Project

9. ATL COM project and Custom Interface

10. COM Interface and Callbacks in .NET?

11. IDataObject Interface in .NET Framework Same as COM?

12. Observation of idiosyncrasy when using Interfaces with both COM and .NET