Help! VS.NET C++ New Project Wizards do nothing.
Author Message
 Help! VS.NET C++ New Project Wizards do nothing.

Hello,

Finally after 3 days of pulling my hair out and cursing MS to no end I got
Visual Studio .NET 2002 installed with VSC++. Of course the first thing I
did (or tried to do I should say) was to fire it up and create a new MFC
project. I created a new Solution and then like a kid on Christmas morning I
navigated my way through the very pretty MFC App Wizard thoroughly checking
each page for new options (didn't find any by the way) and finally, with my
e{*filter*}ment building, I positioned my pointer over the Finish button and
depressed... Nothing. No new project. No error message. No warning. Just
nothing. I sat stunned for a moment then slowly started to consider my
options. I tried again. Nope. Nothing. I opened a project created with VSC++
6.0 and, aside from the normal nuances of upgrades and conversions, that
worked.  I progressed my way through every other type of C++ project
available in the New Project dialog and in the end... nothing. Next I tried
the other types of projects "Setup and Deployment", "Database", etc., etc.
and those all worked. I installed Visual Basic and can create VB projects.
It's just C++ projects that can not be created. I guess I either need to get
a different dev environment or become a Basic developer. Hohum.

If anyone has a clue please forward it on.

Thanks much.

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:17:58 GMT
 Help! VS.NET C++ New Project Wizards do nothing.
Hello,

Try "Repair" of VS.NET from Add/Remove.

Quote:
> Hello,

> Finally after 3 days of pulling my hair out and cursing MS to no end I got
> Visual Studio .NET 2002 installed with VSC++. Of course the first thing I
> did (or tried to do I should say) was to fire it up and create a new MFC
> project. I created a new Solution and then like a kid on Christmas morning
> navigated my way through the very pretty MFC App Wizard thoroughly
checking
> each page for new options (didn't find any by the way) and finally, with
my
> e{*filter*}ment building, I positioned my pointer over the Finish button and
> depressed... Nothing. No new project. No error message. No warning. Just
> nothing. I sat stunned for a moment then slowly started to consider my
> options. I tried again. Nope. Nothing. I opened a project created with
VSC++
> 6.0 and, aside from the normal nuances of upgrades and conversions, that
> worked.  I progressed my way through every other type of C++ project
> available in the New Project dialog and in the end... nothing. Next I
tried
> the other types of projects "Setup and Deployment", "Database", etc., etc.
> and those all worked. I installed Visual Basic and can create VB projects.
> It's just C++ projects that can not be created. I guess I either need to
get
> a different dev environment or become a Basic developer. Hohum.

> If anyone has a clue please forward it on.

> Thanks much.

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:41:41 GMT

1. Visual.Net New Project Wizard for C projects

2. New vs.net static library project generates LINK errors

3. New vs.net static library project generates LINK errors

4. Blank Projects window in New Project Wizard

5. vs.NET C++ Project Configurations Always Out of Date

6. VS.NET: Adding one .cs file to more then one project

7. VS Project Workspace like layout (to be done in WTL)

8. New Install of VS.NET brings up IE vs App on debug

9. Creating a Virtual directory through a program as done by VS.NET IDE

10. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

11. Ideas for new project- new to C++

12. C++ .net projects PLZ HELP