new style menus - how to enable?
Author Message
 new style menus - how to enable?

After porting my vc6 mfc/mdi app to vc7 I had hoped to finally get the menus
in the new style with the command icons left of the text. Alas, no icons!
Can anyone here give me a tip to how to enable them?

Manfred
--
Manfred Derenbach, Germany, MDE Software, www.mdesoft.com

Sun, 16 May 2004 19:55:58 GMT
 new style menus - how to enable?
The new style menus is not part of the Windows operating system. It's
implemented by Office and Visual Studio.
MFC does not support these menus, but you can draw them yourself with
owner-draw menus. There are a number of commercial and free extensions to
MFC that provides this capability. Take a look in:
http://www.codeproject.com
http://www.codeguru.com

--
Anson Tsao
Visual C++ libraries team

Of course, this posting wouldn't be complete without a nice, juicy
disclaimer from our lawyers: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Quote:
> After porting my vc6 mfc/mdi app to vc7 I had hoped to finally get the
menus
> in the new style with the command icons left of the text. Alas, no icons!
> Can anyone here give me a tip to how to enable them?

> Manfred
> --
> Manfred Derenbach, Germany, MDE Software, www.mdesoft.com

Mon, 24 May 2004 09:41:35 GMT

1. New Visual studio .net menu style

2. How to disable/enable Popup menu item of the main menu

3. Enabling Menu Item in Main Menu?

4. Enabling/Disabling Menu items for a menu on a dialog application

5. old style casts vs new style casts

6. new style declarations OK for old style definitions?

7. old style casts vs new style casts

8. old C style to new C style conversion

9. MDI Drawing glitch with XP visual style enabled

10. Enable XP Visual Styles for Dll App

11. How to enable C++ style Exception Handling

12. Menu enabling/disabling (ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI)