Combo box data in dialog editor
Author Message
 Combo box data in dialog editor

In the resource editor in Visual C++ 6.0 I used to enter predefined strings
for some of my combo boxes in dialogs under the 'Data' prop sheet in its
properties. I have now migrated my project to .NET and bumped into a
problem. The DLGINIT statements that initializes my old combos seem to be
intact, but I cannot find a way to edit them in the VS.NET. If I enter
something in the 'Data' field of the combobox, it just disappears as soon as
I type Enter or click away from it. What is happening ?

Bendik

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:43:50 GMT
 Combo box data in dialog editor

Quote:
>In the resource editor in Visual C++ 6.0 I used to enter predefined strings
>for some of my combo boxes in dialogs under the 'Data' prop sheet in its
>properties. I have now migrated my project to .NET and bumped into a
>problem. The DLGINIT statements that initializes my old combos seem to be
>intact, but I cannot find a way to edit them in the VS.NET. If I enter
>something in the 'Data' field of the combobox, it just disappears as soon as
>I type Enter or click away from it.

Bendik,

Try creating a new project and add a combo box to a dialog and then
set the data to something like "Item1;Item2;Item3".

Does that work?

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 06:18:40 GMT

1. Problem with Combo Box control in Dialog Editor

2. Add Combo Box to Dialog Box

3. Add a combo box in a dialog box...

4. transfer data from one dialog box to another dialog box

5. combo box in a data grid

6. Combo box Data Binding Value inconsistencies

7. Combo box Data Binding - Repeated

8. getting data into a combo box

9. q: toolbar drop down combo box and document data

10. Exchange data for combo box?

11. Adding data to a combo box

12. When to put data in a list/combo box