Error creating new C++ Project in Visual Studio 7
Author Message
 Error creating new C++ Project in Visual Studio 7

Hi, Whenever  I try to create a new C++ project through Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET, it gives an error: Project "......." failed to Open.

Alternatively if I try to Open a VC6 project, it will ask for conversion and
upon confirmation, it gives error: Failed to load system project defaults
file "..........\ATLWithCRT.vcstyle". Not all project settings will be what
you expect. Please reinstall this file.

I have already reinstalled Visual Studio .NET two times, but I am not able
to shake off this error.

Thanks for any help.

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 06:01:58 GMT
 Error creating new C++ Project in Visual Studio 7
The following newsgroups may be able to help you better :-

microsoft.public.vsnet.setup
microsoft.public.vstudio.setup

Nish

Quote:
> Hi, Whenever  I try to create a new C++ project through Microsoft Visual
> Studio .NET, it gives an error: Project "......." failed to Open.

> Alternatively if I try to Open a VC6 project, it will ask for conversion
and
> upon confirmation, it gives error: Failed to load system project defaults
> file "..........\ATLWithCRT.vcstyle". Not all project settings will be
what
> you expect. Please reinstall this file.

> I have already reinstalled Visual Studio .NET two times, but I am not able
> to shake off this error.

> Thanks for any help.

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:24:24 GMT
 Error creating new C++ Project in Visual Studio 7
Hi,

Could you tell me the detailed error message when creating a new Visual C++
project?
Do you mean that all types of Visual C++ projects prompt the same error?
Are you able to create other projects say C#, etc?

Regards,
HuangTM

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:54:47 GMT
 Error creating new C++ Project in Visual Studio 7
I do not get any detailed error message. Only one MsgBox with the error
message "Project 'd:\projects\test.vcproj' failed to open"
And when I want to open and convert an existing VC6 project into VC7 it
gives error

Failed to load system project defaults file "D:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\VCProjectDefaults\ATLWithCRT.vcstyle"
Not all project settings will be what you expect.
Please reinstall this file.

Above message  is repeated for many .vcstyle files. I have already
reinstalled it 2 times but same error message keeps on repeating.

Thanks for your help.

Shalabh Bhatnagar

Quote:
> Hi,

> Could you tell me the detailed error message when creating a new Visual
C++
> project?
> Do you mean that all types of Visual C++ projects prompt the same error?
> Are you able to create other projects say C#, etc?

> Regards,
> HuangTM
rights.

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:32:27 GMT
 Error creating new C++ Project in Visual Studio 7
Yes I have had the same problem.

Any VC project you want to create always says that the
project failed to load.

I just gave up and started to use my trusty notepad and
let the fingers do the typing.

Quote:

confers no rights.

>.

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:36:59 GMT
 Error creating new C++ Project in Visual Studio 7
Take a look at this article, I believe it will resolve your issue, It
resolved mine.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;Q306905

Cheers
Shalabh Bhatnagar

Quote:
> Yes I have had the same problem.

> Any VC project you want to create always says that the
> project failed to load.

> I just gave up and started to use my trusty notepad and
> let the fingers do the typing.

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 05:00:16 GMT

1. unable to create new project: Visual Studio C++.net

2. Error Insterting new New ATL Object from Visual Studio

3. Visual Studio projects (*.dsw) & Visual C++ (standalone)

4. Visual Studio desktop layout (Visual Studio/Visual C++ 6)

5. Port C++ .NET Project back C++ 6.0 :: Visual Studio

6. Visual Studio - Creating new folders in the class view

7. moving project files frome visual studio->embeded C++

8. how to insert a new class into the Visual c++ project

9. visual studio C++ error

10. New Project in Visual C++ 6??

11. Error everytime I try to create a new project

12. error on creating new asp project