Query in Bootstapper
Author Message
 Query in Bootstapper

I have modified an downloaded code for a Bootstrapper from Microsoft
Downloads. What this does is

1. It checks if IE 6.0 is present and only continues if present.
2. It checks for MDAC 2.7 and proceeds to install if 2.7 or greater is not
present on the Machine.
3. If reboot is required reboots and continues with execution
4. It then asks whether to install MSDE if yes it runs a batch file with the
path of unattend.iss file as a parameter.
5. The unattend.iss is in the same folder.
6. In unattend.iss the Data Folder for MSDE is C:\MSSQL7
7. After installing MSDE similarly it installs Dotnet Framework and the
Dotnet setup created in VB.net setup and Deployment Project.

The above boostrapper project is completely written in C++. The setup runs
perfectly even on a fresh Windows 98 SE machine. The issue that I have faced
is

1. I need to give the user a screen where he would select a Folder on his
drive where the SQL Server Data Folder. Then check that sufficient disk
space is there. Then capture that Folder path . The unattend.iss file is
like a ini file. Have to set the key value for Data Folder to the Folder
selected by the user. Since the above coding has to be done in C++. I have
no clue where to start. If there are ready samples that do the above then it
save me some time.

Also another issue that i am facing is
1. In SetUp and Deployment Project i need to add my Screen after
installation and before installation.. Please give me the URL to samples
which show how this can be done

Regards
Devesh Aggarwal

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 19:20:09 GMT
 Query in Bootstapper
Devesh,

Quote:
> need to give the user a screen where he would select a Folder on his
> drive where the SQL Server Data Folder. Then check that sufficient disk
> space is there. Then capture that Folder path . The unattend.iss file is
> like a ini file. Have to set the key value for Data Folder to the Folder
> selected by the user. Since the above coding has to be done in C++. I have
> no clue where to start. If there are ready samples that do the above then
it
> save me some time.

Take a look at SHBrowseForFolder and GetDiskFreeSpaceEx API functions
For registry manipulation take a look at SHSetValue/SHGetValue (requires IE4
but make life easirer) or search for "Registry Functions" to get full list
of functions.

Quote:

http://www.codeproject.com
http://www.codeguru.com

--
Regards,
  Kobi Ben Tzvi

Quote:
> I have modified an downloaded code for a Bootstrapper from Microsoft
> Downloads. What this does is

> 1. It checks if IE 6.0 is present and only continues if present.
> 2. It checks for MDAC 2.7 and proceeds to install if 2.7 or greater is not
> present on the Machine.
> 3. If reboot is required reboots and continues with execution
> 4. It then asks whether to install MSDE if yes it runs a batch file with
the
> path of unattend.iss file as a parameter.
> 5. The unattend.iss is in the same folder.
> 6. In unattend.iss the Data Folder for MSDE is C:\MSSQL7
> 7. After installing MSDE similarly it installs Dotnet Framework and the
> Dotnet setup created in VB.net setup and Deployment Project.

> The above boostrapper project is completely written in C++. The setup runs
> perfectly even on a fresh Windows 98 SE machine. The issue that I have
faced
> is

> 1. I need to give the user a screen where he would select a Folder on his
> drive where the SQL Server Data Folder. Then check that sufficient disk
> space is there. Then capture that Folder path . The unattend.iss file is
> like a ini file. Have to set the key value for Data Folder to the Folder
> selected by the user. Since the above coding has to be done in C++. I have
> no clue where to start. If there are ready samples that do the above then
it
> save me some time.

> Also another issue that i am facing is
> 1. In SetUp and Deployment Project i need to add my Screen after
> installation and before installation.. Please give me the URL to samples
> which show how this can be done

> Regards
> Devesh Aggarwal

Fri, 07 Oct 2005 20:35:28 GMT

1. Query in Bootstapper

2. Query

3. how to make multiple node queries on xml document using Xpath

4. Query free memory

5. Query

6. Server Control Query

7. SQL Query