Please Help! File access problems
Author Message
 Please Help! File access problems

For anyone else who hits this issue - Microsoft has
confirmed that it is a bug.  The workaround I am using
(which is very tedious) is the only one available.

It will be fixed in the next product release.

Quote:

control.

>All 3 of these projects exist in a single solution.  All
>references within the solution are made via project
>references rather than file references. I am absolutely
>sure I have done this.  I have also set CopyLocal=True
for
>all references.  Again, I am absolutely sure I have done
>this.

>Whenever I load the form in my application, I can NEVER
>rebuild the managed C++ DLL.  I have to close all open
>forms, save the solution, exit, and re-enter before I can
>build again.

>Someone out there keeps a link to the managed C++ DLL,
>even though CopyLocal=True.

>I noticed that C#.NET and VB.NET create a Debug\obj
>directory, and project references are to that location.
>What can I do in the MC++ case?

>How to use the demo program I included:

>1) Unzip
>2) Dbl-click Problem.sln
>3) Choose Build->Rebuild Solution.

>All three projects should build normally.

>Now simply dbl-click on the Form1.vb file of the VBClient
>solution.  Again go to Build->Rebuild solution.  You no
>longer will be able to rebuild.  You will get file access
>problems relating to the MCppEnum.dll file.

>Close the Form1.vb file and try again - Nope.  Something
>is still holding on to it.

>Save All, Exit and come back into the solution.  Choose
>Build->Rebuild solution and all will be OK.

>Obviously for this toy example it is no big deal, but for
>an enterprise level app, this is basically unworkable.

>Thanks for any replies,

>Jeff Ulrich

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 23:41:52 GMT

1. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!

2. how to access binary files in c..please help

3. how to access binary files in C.please help

4. Please help: Access temporary files

5. DBF file access from VB - Help Please

6. PROBLEM WITH VC++ AND ACCESS -- URGENT, PLEASE HELP

7. PLEASE help solve Access Violation problems! (Getting Desperate)

8. PLEASE help solve Access Violation problems! (Getting Desperate)

9. Please Help:Problem accessing active document in extra thread

11. c file (stream) input buffer problem help PLEASE!

12. Bitmap file problem - please help me !