OLEDB Provider ATL from VS6 -> dotnet
Author Message
 OLEDB Provider ATL from VS6 -> dotnet

Hi,

I have written a OLEDB provider in VS6 using the provider ATL. A lot of the
code is common to other projects that are now moving to dotnet, so I would
like the provider to also use the new compiler/linker that are distributed
with dotnet 2003. I have tried to simply switch to using both the new
compiler and the new Provider ATL, but it looks like the template have
changed a lot so that didn't work. I also tried to just use the new compiler
and then use the old ATL files from VS6, but that also fails dramatically.

It seems like there is no way to upgrade an ATL based OLEDB provider from
VS6 to VS2003 without a huge amount of work. Does anyone no a way to upgrade
with a minimum of code changes.

Thanks,

Peter

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:42:11 GMT
 OLEDB Provider ATL from VS6 -> dotnet
Following might help:

Refer to the ATL and OLE DB topics in the following URL:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcco...

321743 INFO: Porting Issues with Visual Studio .NET OLE DB Provider Template
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321743

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN Library at http://msdn.microsoft.com  or the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com

Scot Rose, MCSD
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support

This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: OLEDB Provider ATL from VS6 -> dotnet
>Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:42:11 +0200

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.data.oledb,microsoft.public.dotnet.general,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc

>Hi,

>I have written a OLEDB provider in VS6 using the provider ATL. A lot of the
>code is common to other projects that are now moving to dotnet, so I would
>like the provider to also use the new compiler/linker that are distributed
>with dotnet 2003. I have tried to simply switch to using both the new
>compiler and the new Provider ATL, but it looks like the template have
>changed a lot so that didn't work. I also tried to just use the new compiler
>and then use the old ATL files from VS6, but that also fails dramatically.

>It seems like there is no way to upgrade an ATL based OLEDB provider from
>VS6 to VS2003 without a huge amount of work. Does anyone no a way to upgrade
>with a minimum of code changes.

>Thanks,

>Peter

Wed, 19 Oct 2005 02:05:30 GMT

1. OLEDB Provider creation with ATL

2. OLEDB Provider creation with ATL

3. Recompiling VS6/ATL3 OLEDB consumer code in VS.NET

4. ADO vs OLEDB COM vs OLEDB ATL templates

5. OLEDB Provider

6. .NET and OLEDB Providers

7. Finding Oledb Providers

8. Synchronous Commit Flags / JET Provider / OLEDB

9. OLEDB Provider for Oracle

10. How to understand the oledb provider?

11. oledb provider templates & BLOB

12. jet 3.51 oledb provider missing in datalink connection dialog