bug with __super keyword
Author Message
 bug with __super keyword

Ian,

Quote:
> The __super keyword does not seem to work with virtual properties in MC++.
> If the property in the base class is:

> __property virtual int get_Value()
> {
> return 0;
> }

> And the this class overrides it (comments inline)

> __property virtual int get_Value()
> {
> // actually calls this function again, not base class
> return __super::Value;

> //this WILL work correctly
> //return __super::get_Value();

> }

> I've attached a solution to demo this. Any chance of a hotfix MS?

This is a known problem (at least, I'm certain it has been reported here
before and that I've bugged it), but it is not fixed in VC++ 7.1 either.

I'm not quite sure it would warrant a hotfix since there's an easy
workaround, though....
--
Tomas Restrepo

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:34:08 GMT

1. base keyword is it like super in Java

2. MIDL bug using keyword "enable"

3. VC++ 6.0 bug with keyword inline

4. VC 5.0 bugs in KB do not always include vcbuglist500 keyword

5. super massive datasets/memory?

6. calling "super" method

7. SUPER-PC

8. SUPER : Storage-free Swapping

9. complete computers for super cheap

10. Super Size Numeric Variables.

11. Is page flipping possible with Super-VGA

12. The next Super Wave C++ !!!