VC++ to NET?
Author Message
 VC++ to NET?

Ok, misleading subject, but since it IS called .NET, I was wondering if
there is an easy way to take a "well-behaved" VC++ program and convert it to
a form it can be posted on the InterNET? By "well-behaved" I meaning all
machine specific stuff is done using managed classes, all form and controls
coming from .NET Framework, no file writing, and all the "vanilla"
(non-managed) classes being purely "mathematical" (that is, just do internal
calculation stuff).

Thanx in advance!

  /== P ==\

Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:21:46 GMT
 VC++ to NET?
If you are asking whether you can write a verifiable C++ application, then
for the 7.0 release the answer is no. For 7.1 we will have a cookbook that
makes it possible for the adventurous in most cases if you are willing to
work around some issues. Look for "partial trust" in the .Net documentation
to see what you need to do to make an application work in an Internet
downloadable scenario once you do have verifiable code.

Ronald Laeremans
Visual C++ compiler and libraries team

Quote:
> Ok, misleading subject, but since it IS called .NET, I was wondering if
> there is an easy way to take a "well-behaved" VC++ program and convert it
> a form it can be posted on the InterNET? By "well-behaved" I meaning all
> machine specific stuff is done using managed classes, all form and
controls
> coming from .NET Framework, no file writing, and all the "vanilla"
> (non-managed) classes being purely "mathematical" (that is, just do
internal
> calculation stuff).

> Thanx in advance!

>   /== P ==\

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:00:19 GMT

1. VS.NET 2003 VC++ and .NET controls

2. VC/VC.NET/STL

3. MFC in VC 6 vs MFC in VC 7 (.NET)

4. long long support VC/VC++ .NET?

5. VC++, VB.Net, or VC#?

6. VC and net framework

7. What is the position of VC in .NET Framework

8. Libraries in VC++7.net

9. Is C# replaces VC++ in .NET Environment

10. VC++6 and VC++7 (.Net) on the same machine?

11. Challenge/Help VB.NET VC++.NET VC++6.0

12. Slower compilation with VC Net 2003 (7.1) when compared to VC Net 7.0