Data object design question
Author Message
 Data object design question

Hi,

I am working with an application that is extremly data intensive (it's a Warehouse Management System). My question is this: when dealing with a record, or group of joined records, that represent a unified aspect of the Warehouse (such as an Item, or Inventory Location), is it better to create a class to represent the data, or to work with the data directly via data access objects (i.e. a dataset/datareader)?

I am looking for an overall best practice response to this question.

TIA,
Jeremy

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:51:11 GMT

1. Design Question: Accessing objects and Inheritance

2. ATL data type for VB Object data Type

3. how to move data from CApp Object to CMainframe Object

4. dumping all data in a CList object in another CList object

5. Peer to peer board game - possible remoting question or design question

6. Data Report Design in VC++ 6.0 Professional

7. Data format design problems

8. System Object cannot be designed

9. C# Object Design

10. US-Nationwide-G2-Object Oriented Design-C-C++

11. new Object Oriented Design book

12. Object Design Tools